Re: How to find a wireless routers IP Address

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Lem, Jun 16, 2008.

  1. Lem

    Lem Guest

    James Landon wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a linksys wireless router set-up in the office and I need to know
    > what the IP Address is. I kow the router is on our network but i'm not sure
    > how to go about finding the IP. What are the steps that I need to take in
    > order to find this out? Any help you can provide would be great!
    >
    > Thanks
    > James

    1. Ask the person responsible for administering your office network.

    2. Assuming that this is the only router in the network and further
    assuming that you have a computer that is connected to the network, then
    open a command prompt window and type "ipconfig /all" without quotes and
    press Enter. The IP address listed as your "Gateway" should be the router.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Jun 16, 2008