Re: How to expand the image size on my monitor?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Jan 6, 2011.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    On 01/06/2011 01:10 AM, Jane_Galt wrote:
    > I have a Asus CG5270-BP004 MOTHERBOARD E4576_P5QL-VM EPU running Windows 7 in
    > my desktop and the VK246H monitor.
    >
    > I started off using the on board graphics ( with the HDMI connector ) but it
    > was the weakest speed link in Windows Experience , so I just put a card in
    > there tonight.
    >
    > I'm not a gamer by the way.
    >
    > But let me preface this by saying that, with the onboard graphics, the size
    > of the image on my screen was always slightly outside the edges of the
    > monitor screen area and I could never figure how to adjust it so that it
    > wasn't.
    >
    > Then tonight I added a XFX Radeon 5670 PCI Express to the PC, which appears
    > to be a very nice card, with 1GB RAM and all. It increased the graphics part
    > of the Windows Experience speed from 3.4 to 7 now.
    >
    > But now I cant get the screen image to take up the whole monitor screen area.
    > It's about 3/4" from each side of the screen and 1/2" from the top and
    > bottom.
    >
    > What am I missing here?

    You need to install the manufacturer's drivers if you have not already
    done so.

    BTW: you may also have to reset your monitor
    philo, Jan 6, 2011

  2. philo

    philo Guest

    On 01/06/2011 06:06 PM, Jane_Galt wrote:
    > philo<> wrote :
    >
    >> On 01/06/2011 01:10 AM, Jane_Galt wrote:
    >>> I have a Asus CG5270-BP004 MOTHERBOARD E4576_P5QL-VM EPU running
    >>> Windows 7 in my desktop and the VK246H monitor.
    >>>
    >>> I star

    <snip>

    >>> Then tonight I added a XFX Radeon 5670 PCI Express to the PC, which
    >>> appears to be a very nice card, with 1GB RAM and all. It increased the
    >>> graphics part of the Windows Experience speed from 3.4 to 7 now.
    >>>
    >>> But now I cant get the screen image to take up the whole monitor screen
    >>> area. It's about 3/4" from each side of the screen and 1/2" from the
    >>> top and bottom.
    >>>
    >>> What am I missing here?
    >>>

    >> You need to install the manufacturer's drivers if you have not already
    >> done so.
    >>
    >> BTW: you may also have to reset your monitor
    >>

    > I did that from the web. For some reason was unable to get the cdrom to run.
    >
    > Now I see that AMD has: Catalyst Software Suite (64 bit) English Only
    > at their site. That might be the setup utility I need for this.
    >
    > Not sure why their CDROM wont run. Even tried going in and clicking on
    > setup.exe, it no run.

    If your version of Windows is 32bit then you will need to get the 32bit
    driver. Drivers for 64bit operating systems will not work on a 32bit system.

    If your version of Windows is 64 bit, the the drivers you downloaded are
    corrupted...or perhaps you need to run as administrator
    philo, Jan 7, 2011