Re: How to expand the image size on my monitor?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ferd Berfle, Jan 6, 2011.

  1. Ferd Berfle

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Asus CG5270-BP004 MOTHERBOARD E4576_P5QL-VM EPU running Windows 7
    >in
    > my desktop and the VK246H monitor.
    >
    > I started off using the on board graphics ( with the HDMI connector ) but
    > it
    > was the weakest speed link in Windows Experience , so I just put a card in
    > there tonight.
    >
    > I'm not a gamer by the way.
    >
    > But let me preface this by saying that, with the onboard graphics, the
    > size
    > of the image on my screen was always slightly outside the edges of the
    > monitor screen area and I could never figure how to adjust it so that it
    > wasn't.
    >
    > Then tonight I added a XFX Radeon 5670 PCI Express to the PC, which
    > appears
    > to be a very nice card, with 1GB RAM and all. It increased the graphics
    > part
    > of the Windows Experience speed from 3.4 to 7 now.
    >
    > But now I cant get the screen image to take up the whole monitor screen
    > area.
    > It's about 3/4" from each side of the screen and 1/2" from the top and
    > bottom.
    >
    > What am I missing here?

    Be sure that you have the latest driver for the monitor and the video card.
    Double check the display properties are set to 1920 x 1080.

    If you still need to resize use the ATI tools (For Nvidia, it is under
    "Adjust Desktop Size and Position." ATI has similar)

    Ferd Berfle, Jan 6, 2011