Re: How to display RGB settings for a pixel in a photo?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gordon Freeman, May 11, 2013.

  1. Jennifer Murphy <> wrote:

    > Is there an easy way for me to find the RGB settings for a pixel in a
    > digital photo (JPG)? I have IrfanView, Paint, and Visio. Can any opf
    > them do it? I can't figure out how.

    In Irfanview, just select the pixel by pointing at it with your mouse, hold
    down the left mouse button and the RGB value will be shown in the title bar
    along with the x,y co-ordinates of the pixel. (Doesn't work in full screen
    mode, only windowed mode.)

    For sampling pixels that are not within a picture file (e.g. on a webpage)
    I use Colorpad, which is a little applet which lets you sample any pixel on
    your screen and copy the RGB values to the clipboard. It also lets you
    compare pixels, and can give you a magnified view of the area you are
    pointing at so that you can select a pixel precisely.

    Gordon Freeman, May 11, 2013