Re: How to display RGB settings for a pixel in a photo?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nospam, May 1, 2013.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Jennifer
    Murphy <> wrote:

    > Is there an easy way for me to find the RGB settings for a pixel in a
    > digital photo (JPG)? I have IrfanView, Paint, and Visio. Can any opf
    > them do it? I can't figure out how.

    photoshop info panel and probably something similar in those apps, but
    it's meaningless.

    the rgb value it shows depends on the colour space the app uses and the
    colour profile of your display and is almost guaranteed to *not* be the
    same as the rgb value in the file.

    the rgb value will also change depending on what you want to do with
    the image, such as print it or display it on a different computer.

    for instance, if you want the same colour on paper as what you see on
    screen, the actual rgb value sent to the printer will be different than
    what is sent to the screen.

    nospam, May 1, 2013