Re: How to delete a...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by MikeF, Sep 23, 2003.

  1. MikeF

    MikeF Guest

    "vicente rodriguez" <> wrote in message
    > Hello there. I need some help from you guys. I have a
    > Pentium(R)4 CPU 1400 MHz 1.40 GHz 256 MB of RAM Microsoft
    > Windows XP Professional Version 2002. Here's my problem:
    > I saw a picture on the web, right clicked on it and set
    > as desktop item. Now I have my picture on the desktop,
    > but I also have a huge toolbar that says Folder Tasks,
    > Other Places, etc. My question is: How can I get rid of
    > that toolbar? I have already tried all known procedures
    > to no avail. Any suggestions will be welcome. Thank you.

    Sounds like its time for some unknown procedures. But before that, if the
    anti- spyware programs don't work, make sure you have windows set to show
    hidden files, then go to windows search and search for files by date - those
    files created the same day that you downloaded the picture. Search should
    turn up the picture - then look for any files that were created at the same
    time. Move, rename or delete those files. Deleting is easiest, renaming
    safest. You can delete the renamed files later-if everything still works. If
    everything fails to work, you can rename the files back to what they were.

    MikeF, Sep 23, 2003