Re: How to convince the wife...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Charlie Self, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Charlie Self

    Charlie Self Guest

    Dreamer responds:

    >Interestingly enough, I've heard other trolls claim that referring to
    >someone as "my wife" implies that you own her and therefore the phrase
    >should be avoided. Don't you people have some sort of common lexicon you can
    >refer to so you keep your stories straight? Or would consistency hinder your
    >work too much?

    Well, they could always try SWMBO. She Who Must Be Obeyed. But that often gets
    twisted into She Who Must Be Obedient.

    Charlie Self

    "The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating
    plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."
    George W. Bush
    Charlie Self, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Saying "my wife" implies you own her just shows the trolls can't speak the
    English language properly. Does "my boss" imply you own your boss? Does
    "my friend" imply you own them?

    The funiest is "my cat", because cats aren't owned by anyone - they think
    they're god. :-D

    - Aaron.

    "Charlie Self" <} wrote in message
    } Dreamer responds:
    }
    Aaron Queenan, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Charlie Self

    Steve Young Guest

    > "Aaron Queenan" <>
    > wrote
    > The funiest is "my cat", because cats aren't owned by anyone - they think
    > they're god. :-D

    In fact, they come up and rub on you, so they can prove 'they' *own* *you*
    Steve Young, Aug 7, 2003