Re: how to convert and burn mpeg2 file to playable DVD (mac orpc)?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by keved, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. keved

    keved Guest

    in article OAyUa.278$, N at
    wrote on 7/26/03 10:09 AM:

    > Newbie here. Confused. I have tried Nero, Toast, Alcohol, etc., and I'm
    > unsure how to simply turn a 1.8 GB MPEG-2 video into a playable DVD movie
    > disc that I can pop into my home DVD player, and simply watch. From what I
    > gather, any of the above programs or another can do it, by converting the
    > MPEG-2 to whatever the format is to make it play like a DVD. Do I have to
    > use
    > a DVD-R disc as the output medium, or will a CD-R disc work (please don't
    > beat me up for not knowing; that's why I'm asking). Thanks in advance to
    > anyone who can take a minute to describe the steps necessary to turn my
    > movie
    > file into a playable DVD, whether it's Mac or windows (and no platform wars,
    > please, unbiased here and I have both available). Thanks, N

    If you're running OSX on your Mac, then you can use iDVD. It's really
    straightforward and easy...it comes with OSX or with Macs with SuperDrives.

    You'll need a DVD burner (like Apple's SuperDrive) and compatible media.
    Apple's SuperDrives work with DVD-R and these disks are the most compatible
    with DVD Players. Shop around, you'll find DVD-R for about $1 or less.

    CD-R disks are totally different animals sharing the same diameter.

    --kevine
    keved, Jul 27, 2003