Re: how to convert and burn mpeg2 file to playable DVD (mac or pc)?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by N, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. N

    N Guest

    Thanks everyone for the tip. Used TMPGEnc and it was easy as pie. I wanted
    to use iDVD, but it doesn't allow import of MPEG-2, though maybe there's an
    add-on available from another provider for that. Thanks again, all who
    replied. N

    "N" <> wrote in message
    > Newbie here. Confused. I have tried Nero, Toast, Alcohol, etc., and I'm
    > unsure how to simply turn a 1.8 GB MPEG-2 video into a playable DVD movie
    > disc that I can pop into my home DVD player, and simply watch. From what I
    > gather, any of the above programs or another can do it, by converting the
    > MPEG-2 to whatever the format is to make it play like a DVD. Do I have to
    > use
    > a DVD-R disc as the output medium, or will a CD-R disc work (please don't
    > beat me up for not knowing; that's why I'm asking). Thanks in advance to
    > anyone who can take a minute to describe the steps necessary to turn my
    > movie
    > file into a playable DVD, whether it's Mac or windows (and no platform

    wars,

    N, Jul 28, 2003