Re: How to break out of a loop?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Boerhof, May 11, 2008.

  1. Tony Raven wrote:
    > I am caught on a webpage that throws up an authorisation window for an
    > ftp link that requires a username and password. While that window is
    > open I cannot do anything with Firefox - change tabs, close them or even
    > close Firefox. If I click OK or Cancel or just close the box I get
    > instantaneously another Alert box saying "530 Sorry no ANONYMOUS access
    > allowed". While that box is open I still can't do anything with
    > Firefox. If I click Cancel or close the Alert box, the Authorisation
    > box instantaneously replaces it and I am back where I started. The only
    > way I have found out of it is to shut down Firefox from the Task Manager
    > but there must be another way out - isn't there? What I really would
    > like to do is shut down the one tab causing the problem but I can't.
    >
    > It opens without problems in IE7
    >
    > If you want to try it the offending web page is
    > http://www.leohostel.com/index_files/leotours.htm

    The Site was made with Microsoft office when you look at the source code
    it's a rubbish . There are links that call upon FTP like
    ftp://hd6010898.ourhost.cn/index_files/image763.gif ,thats why you get
    the FTP login screen. You should send the Owner of the site a e-mail to
    change ftp to http in his source code.

    I managed to get rid of the login screen by pressing the escape button a
    few times while clicking on the ok buttons.

    The W3C Markup Validation Service found :

    Failed validation, 176 Errors

    --

    This tagline protected by THE CLUB(tm).
    Peter Boerhof, May 11, 2008