Re: How to associate '.php files' with Firefox - not 'Printmaster'

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Inzer, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. John Inzer

    John Inzer Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello, I copied from an iso (678mb) to CD successfully.
    > The .php files came out as associated with 'printmaster'
    > However, they are (seemingly) html, information files?
    > I tried to change the 'open with' or 'associate with'
    > from Printmaster but I can't get acceptance for Firefox
    > which is my browser.
    > How do I open such files with my browser, not Printmaster?
    > Using winXP, SP2.
    > Thankyou for any help or good, simple advice.
    > Allen

    ===================================
    It's possible the files were created with
    an older version of MS Picture It! If that's
    the case, any of the newer versions of
    MS Digital Image should open the files.

    There's a 60 day trial version that can
    be downloaded from the following site:

    Microsoft Digital Image
    Starter Edition 2006
    http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea

    Be aware that it's a 109 MB download....

    --

    John Inzer

    John Inzer, Dec 28, 2005

  2. John Inzer wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Hello, I copied from an iso (678mb) to CD successfully. The .php
    >> files came out as associated with 'printmaster' However, they are
    >> (seemingly) html, information files? I tried to change the 'open
    >> with' or 'associate with' from Printmaster but I can't get
    >> acceptance for Firefox which is my browser. How do I open such files
    >> with my browser, not Printmaster? Using winXP, SP2.
    >> Thankyou for any help or good, simple advice.
    >> Allen

    > ===================================
    > It's possible the files were created with an older version of MS
    > Picture It! If that's the case, any of the newer versions of MS
    > Digital Image should open the files.

    ..php files are server-side web code/script files, not images. They are
    just text files that are read and executed by the web server's PHP
    program. See: http://www.php.net/

    > There's a 60 day trial version that can
    > be downloaded from the following site:

    ...which is not needed for them. As Blinky stated, one would need a local
    web server to _execute_ them, but any text editor will _open_ them.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 28, 2005