Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by WW, Feb 12, 2006.

  1. WW

    WW Guest

    80 questions on both exams. I have just sat both of these exams. The time
    limit is 90 mins in each exam.

    WW

    WW, Feb 12, 2006

  2. WW

    WW Guest

    I scored 870 on Core HW exam, and 829 on OS exam. Put in a lot of study as
    this is my first computer cert. The Exam Cram practice exams I did were
    harder than the actual exams, and so good preparation.

    Good luck,

    WW, Feb 12, 2006

  3. WW

    plazticsoul Guest

    A word of advice: You can trust Mike Meyer's all-one-one guide (along with
    sample tests found online) as your only source for passing.

    But do NOT make Mike's all-in-one Network+ guide your only source. I failed
    Network+ the first time. Retook it within 30 days after buying the Exam Cram
    2 guide. I recommend both of those books for that one.

    plazticsoul, Feb 12, 2006
  4. WW

    Linda Guest

    On 16/02/06, Mister wrote:

    > I passed both A+ exams today.

    Congratulations :)

    > By they way, one question for anyone:
    > Disposal of CRTs has become a big issue lately because they
    > contain ______.
    >
    > a) Lead
    > b) Copper
    > c) Tin
    > d) Aluminum

    a) Lead.... Oh and could you send the cheque in a plain brown envelope and
    no publicity. Thankyou Mr Tarrant :eek:)

    Linda, Feb 16, 2006
  5. WW

    John O Guest

    >> > I passed both A+ exams today.
    >>
    >> Congratulations :)
    >>
    >> > By they way, one question for anyone:
    >> > Disposal of CRTs has become a big issue lately because they
    >> > contain ______.
    >> >
    >> > a) Lead
    >> > b) Copper
    >> > c) Tin
    >> > d) Aluminum

    >> a) Lead.... Oh and could you send the cheque in a plain brown envelope
    >> and
    >> no publicity. Thankyou Mr Tarrant :eek:)

    > Which part contains the Lead?

    How long is a rope? <g>

    They clearly asked about a tube, the CRT. Cathode ray tubes don't have lead,
    unless the glass is leaded, and then it's pretty well sealed up for all
    time...no particular disposal issue there. But, the circuit boards in a
    monitor DO have lots of lead, in the solder. So unless you count their use
    of bad jargon, there is no right answer.

    It's a *monitor,* not a CRT.

    -John O

    John O, Feb 16, 2006
  6. WW

    Linda Guest

    On 16/02/06, John O wrote:

> [...]

    <snip>

    > They clearly asked about a tube, the CRT. Cathode ray tubes don't have lead,
    > unless the glass is leaded, and then it's pretty well sealed up for all
    > time...no particular disposal issue there. But, the circuit boards in a
    > monitor DO have lots of lead, in the solder. So unless you count their use
    > of bad jargon, there is no right answer.
    >
    > It's a *monitor,* not a CRT.

    Wish we scored five extra points for every badly worded question in the
    exam! ;-) I just remembered it being on one of the test papers we went over
    in our college class the week before my exam.

    Linda, Feb 18, 2006