Re: How long till dfn?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. zarathustra

    zarathustra Guest

    Haveajellybaby doodled:
    > I registered at dfn.de news about a week and a half ago and still
    > haven't received confirmation from them. I received one email
    > (automatic) that said it might take a little while to be registered
    > since everything's done manually. But how long is that? I would
    > think anything over a week would mean they're either hopelessly
    > swamped (in which case they need more employees) or they've
    > forgotten. So I emailed them again this past Monday reminding them.
    > I still haven't heard anything and we're almost to the weekend here.
    >
    > Is this normal and are others finding this news service a
    > problemlately as well? Just wondering.

    It'll be a while before they respond. They have a massive backlog due to
    their service being touted as the only one available. Google for bubbanews,
    teranews, gradwell or astranews. These are all viable alternatives, all with
    instant registration.

    --
    'the real TOMMY Tutalidge' wrote in message
    news:: - "The people that post in yenc have a
    pickle shoved up their arse."

    '-= Hawk =-' replied in message
    news:nkhdcv4c8uga0jonl0jpcgr8mt3g6m49na@news-server: - "And the people
    (like you) who whine about yEnc eat those pickles."

    http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profanis.htm
    zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003