RE: How long does it take for them to send me MCP email

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by LarryWestMCSD, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Bear:
    The transcript page states:
    We are currently experiencing delays receiving MCP exam results from
    Prometric, and we are working together to resolve these issues. If you
    experience a delay of more than seven business days and you require immediate
    assistance updating your transcript, contact your Regional Service Center
    with your name, MCP ID, as well as your Vendor Person ID and Registration ID
    (both are listed on your score report). Please also include the Exam number
    and the date that you took the exam, as well as a copy of your score report.

    Today, my transcript finally listed my 526 pass, but does not list my MCPD -
    as I've also passed 536 and 548. I have not received my 'congratulations'
    letter, either.
    Did you ever get yours?

    LarryWestMCSD, Jan 11, 2007

  2. LarryWestMCSD

    Dark Matter Guest

    LarryWestMCSD,
    You mentioned something I was trying to figure out. As far as I can tell
    from the Microsoft site, if you pass 70-526, you get your MCP. But if you
    pass the 70-536 exam first, you don't get an MCP until you pass the 70-526
    (effectively giving you both an MCP and the MCTS). Do I understand this
    correctly? I ask because it seems that the 70-526 would not be as hard as
    the 70-536.

    Also, on a side note, I have taken many classes in C++ at a community
    college and a C class at a university. However, I have never had a job as a
    developer. Do you think I have a shot at the 70-526? I have written a few
    programs in VS2005 including a database management system and a file
    management system. I've been studying both "Programming in the Key of C#" by
    Petzold and "Pro C#2005 and the .NET 2.0 Platform" by Troelsen. (I’m just
    trying to give you a little background.)

    I'm going for a career change from a tech support desk rep to a developer.

    I figure since you have so many certs, you would be the one to ask.

    Thanks in advance, and congrats.

    --
    "Mr. Kim, we''re Starfleet officers. Weird is part of the job." -- Janeway
    (Deadlock)

    Dark Matter, Jan 27, 2007