Re: How has redirection been enabled in this message header?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Mike Easter, Jan 16, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    posted to a.c.s only

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > I have no idea whether or not the sender of this message is genuine or
    > not

    This is an email from the same PF with whom you are familiar in
    newsgroups who is posting from a videotron IP. The mail was sent via
    hotmail webmail which stamped the Win7 advertisement with the MS link on it.

    http://snipr.com/u3t3g Introducing Windows 7. Your PC, simplified.

    > I'd like to know how this redirection has been achieved and why it is in
    > the header info. in the first place.

    Probably the link (in your browser addressline) got b0rken and your
    system is configured to go home when it is confused. Click the snurl
    above to see the link's page.

    The structure of the mail is typical for an html mail; the header
    contains the MIME multipart structure content info with boundary
    information, the multiparts are plaintext qp and html.

    There aren't any links in the 'header' - there are two parts, so perhaps
    you interpreted one part as a header.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 16, 2010