Re: How does MSCA compare to MCSE

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Wow Wee, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Wow Wee

    Wow Wee Guest

    Is their anything to stop someone doing the 4 exams that are needed for the
    MCSA, then doing the 3 remaining exams to become a MCSE? I believe with the
    cross over in exams, and you pick the common ones you can do this?

    Or if you use an exam for a MCSA, does that mean you have do do a different
    one for a MCSE?

    Anyone can clarify this.

    Thanks

    Wow Wee, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Wow Wee

    mikefoot2 Guest

    the 70-218

    is still an elective - so you could the remaing 1 core + 1 Design + 1
    elective

    correct me if I am wrong ?

    mikefoot2, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Wow Wee

    mikefoot2 Guest

    MCSA

    Was designed for all those people who could not obtain MCSE

    Its not really worth the Paper its written on

    So many people do the Core and then give up - they find it too Hard

    Now they a New on MCDA ?

    you only need two exams ?

    mikefoot2, Jan 27, 2004
  4. That's what I just did. Also I did 214 and 220 so I only need the 227 for
    MSCA Security, MCSE Security. I haven't decided on 227 yet. I just
    got sbs2003 eval CD package and it looks too interesting.

    Nettransplant, Jan 27, 2004
  5. An MCSA was designed for those who wish to become system administrators and
    not engineers.
    This is why there are less exam requirements. So it all depends upon whether
    or not you wish to
    be an administrator (in which case you'd need more business and less
    technical knowledge) or a
    systems engineer. One is no better than the other. It all depends upon your
    goal.

    Now if you're trying to get a position aimed at MCSEs and you're trying to
    go the "shortcut"
    route by getting a MCSA, forget it!

    --
    David Bland

    David BlandIII, Jan 27, 2004
  6. "David BlandIII" <> wrote in message news:<XkrRb.3238$>...
    > An MCSA was designed for those who wish to become system administrators and
    > not engineers.
    > This is why there are less exam requirements. So it all depends upon whether
    > or not you wish to
    > be an administrator (in which case you'd need more business and less
    > technical knowledge) or a
    > systems engineer. One is no better than the other. It all depends upon your
    > goal.
    >
    > Now if you're trying to get a position aimed at MCSEs and you're trying to
    > go the "shortcut"
    > route by getting a MCSA, forget it!
    >
    > --
    > David Bland

    <snip>

    I totally agree with your statement. What is so frustrating is that
    MCSE is a "buzz" word now and is being required for low level jobs
    like Entry Level Help Desk an (actual ad in the paper) Printer
    Administrator. I would disagree about MCSA not being worth the paper
    it's printed on. It's a different arena of I.T. You don't need to be
    certified if the design of a 20 site, 100 subnet, multi-master domain
    to administer it (although it does help in your understanding of its
    implementation).

    Studying Hard, Jan 27, 2004
  7. "David BlandIII" <> wrote in message news:<XkrRb.3238$>...
    > An MCSA was designed for those who wish to become system administrators and
    > not engineers.
    > This is why there are less exam requirements. So it all depends upon whether
    > or not you wish to
    > be an administrator (in which case you'd need more business and less
    > technical knowledge) or a
    > systems engineer. One is no better than the other. It all depends upon your
    > goal.
    >
    > Now if you're trying to get a position aimed at MCSEs and you're trying to
    > go the "shortcut"
    > route by getting a MCSA, forget it!
    >
    > --
    > David Bland
    >
    > "mikefoot2" <> wrote in message
    > > MCSA
    > >
    > > Was designed for all those people who could not obtain MCSE
    > >
    > > Its not really worth the Paper its written on
    > >
    > > So many people do the Core and then give up - they find it too Hard
    > >
    > > Now they a New on MCDA ?
    > >
    > > you only need two exams ?
    > >
    > > "Wow Wee" <wowwee@nospamplease> wrote in message
    > > > Is their anything to stop someone doing the 4 exams that are needed for

    > the
    > > > MCSA, then doing the 3 remaining exams to become a MCSE? I believe with

    > the
    > > > cross over in exams, and you pick the common ones you can do this?
    > > >
    > > > Or if you use an exam for a MCSA, does that mean you have do do a

    > different
    > > > one for a MCSE?
    > > >
    > > > Anyone can clarify this.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > "John" <> wrote in message

    > waste

    > certification?

    > mention

    I agree with you, but $10/hr Help Desk requires MCSE now. What are we
    to do? I'm just gonna get MCSA and then get away from Micro$oft.
    Maybe get CNE and CCNA just to show that I know IT...not just
    Micro$oft. Maybe Security+ too. I'm probably just screwing myself.
    Anyone know a cheap, fast nursing school?

    Studying Hard, Feb 25, 2004
  8. Wow Wee

    Doug Scott Guest

    Studying,

    > I agree with you, but $10/hr Help Desk requires MCSE now. What are we
    > to do? I'm just gonna get MCSA and then get away from Micro$oft.

    Why not go for Cisco and Linux? To my mind, Linux will, inevitably, grow
    stronger. As Microsoft turn the screw on licenses, so will free software
    flourish. And thinking about it, I'd claim Linux, but install BSD - it's
    more secure.

    ---

    Doug

    Doug Scott, Feb 26, 2004