Re: How does CCI stay in buisness???

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jriegle, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. jriegle

    jriegle Guest

    That's a good question! Some of those sham shops have been in business since
    the 70s or 60s. many have changed their name and popped up again. My
    question is why are they allowed to stay in business?

    I do know that many have bit the dust. In the late 90's, one called 47st
    Photo closed up (or was it a name change?).

    John

    jriegle, Sep 6, 2003

  2. jriegle

    Tom Scales Guest

    Unfortunately, they were, at least in the 70s, one of the GOOD ones. Sort of
    the B&H of their time. I bought my original OM-1 and OM-2 there, mail
    order.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Sep 6, 2003

  3. jriegle

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    47 Street was, in the late 60s, the place people recommended. Adorama
    didn't exist and B&H was running one page ads back then. CCI, AAA, Focus,
    and Cambridge were the well known rip offs at that time - but 47th St was
    considered to be first rate. I made a couple small orders from them and
    never had anything to complain about, but it was more like rolls of film and
    boxes of enlarging paper than anythign big ticket.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Sep 7, 2003
  4. jriegle

    BLueCoBra Guest

    > I do know that many have bit the dust. In the late 90's, one called 47st
    > Photo closed up (or was it a name change?).
    >
    > John

    I've never been to the brick and mortar store but there's a 47st Photo store
    on eBay, dunno if its the same company?
    Here's a link to their eBay store:
    http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=16658448

    Says they've been selling on eBay since May 30, 2000.
    my 2ยข

    BLueCoBra
    BLueCoBra, Sep 7, 2003
  5. > I've never been to the brick and mortar store but there's a 47st
    > Photo store on eBay, dunno if its the same company?

    It's not. The original 47th Street Photo (which was a first-rate store)
    went bankrupt, and someone else bought the name.

    --
    Andrew Koenig,
    Andrew Koenig, Sep 7, 2003