Re: How do you uninstall windows xp x64 (trial version) from a partiti

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Tony Sperling, Jan 19, 2007.

  1. It may serve us to be informed of the number of drives/partitions in your
    system. I interpret this as though you tried to perform a dual-boot
    installation and now, only x64 remains. In such a case you need to install
    to separate partitions - never install two systems on the same partition.

    Your personal data - that which you cannot access at the moment, is that
    sitting in a separate partition? (One you didn't format) If not, let's hope
    you have an up-to-date backup!

    Please, come back with detailed info of the lay-out of your system -
    together with an explanation of what it was that you were trying to
    accomplish.

    Like stated, if all you have at the moment is this x64 installation - in one
    big partition, on your only HD, then you have to start all over by booting
    the suitable CD/DVD.

    Tony. . .

    "matt_ww9" <> wrote in message
    > I made a huge mistake when i installed windows xp x64 i accidentally
    > formatted my disk with the NTLDR and the boot loader and replaced it with
    > windows xp x64 so now i cant access any of my files from my other windows

    and
    > i can only get into xp x64 instead of my original windows and now i have

    > reinstall windows but as long as windows xp x64 is there i cant seem to
    > reinstall my previous windows so how do i uninstall windows xp x64? plz

    help

    Tony Sperling, Jan 19, 2007