Re: How do you manage your digital photos?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mail@photodali.com, Apr 3, 2013.

  1. Guest

    , Apr 3, 2013

  2. Guest

    does anyone use Picasa?
    I had it installed once, some years back,
    and it seemed like it had possibilities,
    if I recall.

    photo management is what we're looking for, correct?

    marc
    , Apr 4, 2013

  3. Rikishi42 Guest

    On 2013-04-04, <> wrote:
    > does anyone use Picasa?
    > I had it installed once, some years back,
    > and it seemed like it had possibilities,
    > if I recall.
    >
    > photo management is what we're looking for, correct?

    Sure. As soon as someone defines what "photo management" is, exaclty...

    Me, I use simple directories.

    The unmodified, uncorrected original pictures allways immediatly go to my
    archives, in a subdir called 'yyyymmdd_subject'.

    Any kind of project in which I use pictures is somewhere else on the
    machine(s). But they only contain copies of the originals.

    I do prefer to stay far, far away from any application lock-in.

    --
    When in doubt, use brute force.
    -- Ken Thompson
    Rikishi42, Apr 8, 2013
  4. Peter Jason Guest

    On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 01:40:53 +0200, Rikishi42
    <> wrote:

    >On 2013-04-04, <> wrote:
    >> does anyone use Picasa?
    >> I had it installed once, some years back,
    >> and it seemed like it had possibilities,
    >> if I recall.
    >>
    >> photo management is what we're looking for, correct?

    >Sure. As soon as someone defines what "photo management" is, exaclty...
    >
    >Me, I use simple directories.
    >
    >The unmodified, uncorrected original pictures allways immediatly go to my
    >archives, in a subdir called 'yyyymmdd_subject'.
    >
    >Any kind of project in which I use pictures is somewhere else on the
    >machine(s). But they only contain copies of the originals.
    >

    >I do prefer to stay far, far away from any application lock-in.

    I'm using lightroom 4 to tag all the photos. When
    that's done i'll sort them into categories and
    store them.
    Peter Jason, Apr 20, 2013