Re: How do I turn portrait shots around ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob Hatch, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Bob Hatch

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "Thor Henning Wegener" <> wrote in message
    > "RustY©" <> wrote in message
    > > I do hope that this is a dumb question then someone may be able to help.
    > > How do I turn a few dozen portrait shots through 90 degrees CCW from my

    > 10D
    > > upright in one go ?

    > You can do it in Canon ZoomBrowser EX. that came with your camera. And

    Canon
    > EOS 10D can do it automatic when you photograph.
    > --
    > Thor Henning Wegener
    >
    > http://home.online.no/~wegener

    Or:
    You can record an action in PS and use File Automate,
    Or:
    You can buy ACDSee and it will do a lossless rotation on the selected files
    (this is the program I use.)
    Or:
    You can get Irfanview and it will rotate (I'm not sure if it's lossless or
    not.)
    Or:
    You can get Thumbs Plus
    Or:
    You can go to any search engine on the web and type Image Rotation Software
    and you'll get in excess of 10,000 hits.

    --
    http://www.bobhatch.com
    Our web site about RV Stuff

    Bob Hatch, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Bob Hatch

    RustY© Guest

    "Bob Hatch" <> wrote in message
    news:bito30$cca57$-berlin.de...> Or:
    > You can record an action in PS and use File Automate,
    > Or:
    > You can buy ACDSee and it will do a lossless rotation on the selected

    files
    > (this is the program I use.)
    > Or:...............................

    Thanks for that Bob, I am glad it was a dumb question after all. I have
    ACDSee so I'll try rotating a selection.

    I have just looked at the Canon Zoom Browser and it appears to show
    portraits as such when in fact the actual file is saved the other way around
    !! Some files that were shot with the camera rotate preview set are indeed
    rotated in the browser but the actual files are not - weird.
    --
    For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

    RustY©, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Bob Hatch

    Guest

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:20:35 GMT, "RustY©" <> wrote:

    >"Bob Hatch" <> wrote in message
    >news:bito30$cca57$-berlin.de...> Or:
    >> You can record an action in PS and use File Automate,
    >> Or:
    >> You can buy ACDSee and it will do a lossless rotation on the selected

    >files
    >> (this is the program I use.)
    >> Or:...............................

    >Thanks for that Bob, I am glad it was a dumb question after all. I have
    >ACDSee so I'll try rotating a selection.
    >
    >I have just looked at the Canon Zoom Browser and it appears to show
    >portraits as such when in fact the actual file is saved the other way around
    >!! Some files that were shot with the camera rotate preview set are indeed
    >rotated in the browser but the actual files are not - weird.

    If you select all the ones you want to rotate in the same direction
    using the alt key, then the rotate window has a box to tick to apply
    to all selected images. Repeat for the opposite direction. But you've
    probably discovered this for yourself by now.

    I too have a couple of images that appear upside down in the browser
    (thumbnail) window of ACDSee 5. Fullsize view they're the right way.
    No other picture browser, including an earlier version of Acdsee, has
    a problem.

    MJ

    , Aug 31, 2003
  4. "RustY©" <> wrote in message
    > !! Some files that were shot with the camera rotate preview set are

    indeed
    > rotated in the browser but the actual files are not - weird.
    > --

    I don't have this problem. The pictures that is rotoated in the camera stay
    rotated both in Canon ZoomBrowser EX and in Photoshop 7.0. I have the
    Firmware 1.0.1. Could this be the case?
    --
    Thor Henning Wegener

    http://home.online.no/~wegener

    Thor Henning Wegener, Sep 1, 2003
  5. "Bob Hatch" <> wrote:

    >You can get Irfanview and it will rotate (I'm not sure if it's lossless or
    >not.)

    IrfanView can do it losslessly if you install the plug-in, which
    is also free.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Sep 1, 2003
  6. "Thor Henning Wegener" <> wrote in message
    > I don't have this problem.

    I'm sorry I forgot: In Canon ZoomBrowser EX click on Tools, Preferences,
    Rotation and choose «Rotate original JPEG image».
    --
    Thor Henning Wegener

    http://home.online.no/~wegener

    Thor Henning Wegener, Sep 1, 2003