Re: How do I translate a Chinese web site and add Chinese character set to IE..? =A0 - =A0 T

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Patrick Dunford, Apr 24, 2004.

  1. Ralph Fox
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:14:24 +1200, in article
    > <>, MS Mouse wrote:
    >
    > > The header states it all

    > Ask all in the header, reply all in the header.

    Why does this reply have such a HUGE long subject line? Is Woger being
    stupid?

    Patrick Dunford, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Patrick Dunford

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Re: How do I translate a Chinese web site and add Chinese character set to IE..? =A0 - =A0 Taking these two questions one at a time... =A0 - =A0 Q1: "How do I translate a Chinese web site" =A0 - =A0 A1: The best tran

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:22:55 +1200, in article
    <>, Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > subject line?

    I'm curious why your newsreader has mangled the nbspace character
    in the way it has done in the subject line. If I look at the raw
    subject header it is in RFC2047 (MIME header) format, but each
    nbspace character is represented by '=3DA0'. This means that the
    reader is shown '=A0' in place of the nbspace.

    Ralph Fox, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Ralph Fox
    > On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:22:55 +1200, in article
    > <>, Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >
    > > subject line?

    > I'm curious why your newsreader has mangled the nbspace character
    > in the way it has done in the subject line. If I look at the raw
    > subject header it is in RFC2047 (MIME header) format, but each
    > nbspace character is represented by '=3DA0'. This means that the
    > reader is shown '=A0' in place of the nbspace.

    The only thing that interests me is why you have to have a 1000
    charactert subject line

    Patrick Dunford, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Patrick Dunford

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Re: How do I translate a Chinese web site and add Chinese character set to IE..? =A0 - =A0 Taking these two questions one at a time... =A0 - =A0 Q1: "How do I translate a Chinese web site" =A0 - =A0 A1: The best tran

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:26:27 +0000, in article
    <>, Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:22:55 +1200, in article
    > <>, Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >
    > > subject line?

    > I'm curious why your newsreader has mangled the nbspace character
    > in the way it has done in the subject line. If I look at the raw
    > subject header it is in RFC2047 (MIME header) format, but each
    > nbspace character is represented by '=3DA0'. This means that the
    > reader is shown '=A0' in place of the nbspace.

    I've since discovered that this is a known bug in MicroPlanet-Gravity
    version 2.70.2061 (Patrick Dunford's newsreader app).

    See
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=939529&group_id=95245&atid=610722
    or
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=