Re: How do I terminate a Skype call on a PBX?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. On 10/21/04 00:32, Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com) wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I want to make it possible for a person outside US to call an extension on
    > our PBX. We have a PC that can run Skype 24/7, so the person would use
    > their Skype client software to connect to Skype client that's running on
    > that PC. Could anyone give me some pointers on what kind of
    > equipment/software do I need to
    >
    > #1 auto answer the Skype call
    > #2 generate a ring on an analog trunk
    > #3 convert the sound between the soundcard output (44kHz stereo) and the
    > analog trunk (3.1 KHz mono)
    >
    > BTW, I understand it's even more involved to make an outgoing call via
    > Skype from our PBX, but if someone had ever accomplished such feat, I
    > would love to hear about particulars! Please post your comments or
    > suggestions here.

    I have not tested, but I think your purpose can be solved by useing
    sjphone and, or kphone over services provided by http://www.fwdnet.net/
    (a freeworld dialup/forward service).

    --
    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
    CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman, Oct 22, 2004