Re: How do I stop programs from automatically starting?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Kathy, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    start/run/msconfig/start up

    Disable those you do not want to start up (such as instant messengar
    programs, and those that require you to be connected)

    If you are unsure of what some items are, consult a tech, some you do not
    want to remove.

    "Jillian" <> wrote in message
    > When I start windows, All of my installed programs start automatically

    suck as AIM, Windows Messenger, IMesh, and others. is there a place where I
    can select what I want to automatically start when I start the computer and
    what I dont want to? Thanks everyone.

    Kathy, Jun 3, 2004