Re: HOW DO I SETUP AN ADSL ROUTER

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JFMM, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. JFMM

    JFMM Guest

    SunflowerBT settings should be:
    PPOA
    VPI=0
    VCI=38
    Authentication=CHAP
    Encapsulatino=VCMUX
    Mod=G.DMT

    try DNS settings of 213.120.62.101 and 213.120.62.102, though these seem to
    change
    once connected via their DHCP configuration.

    And obviously your username and password.....

    Check the phone connection light is on on the Modem, if not you are not
    getting a connection so all the settings won't make a difference.

    John

    "Gaz" <> wrote in message

    I recently bought an MENTOR ADSL ROUTER and have asked for the settings
    from BTBROADBAND which they gave me I have type all the settings into the
    router but the network status is disconnected, I have also followed al the
    instructions in the manual but still have no joy. Could somebody please help
    me.
    Many thanks.
    JFMM, Jan 8, 2004

  2. JFMM

    Gaz Guest

    If you got my last message the reason why it wasn't working was because I
    hadn't got the web enabled in the basic setup menu which isn't mentioned in
    the manual.
    I truly appreciate your help. I have been trying to get this thing working
    for about a week now.

    THANKS.

    Gaz, Jan 9, 2004