Re: How do I set my internet time check interval

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dave Warren, Jul 20, 2013.

  1. Dave Warren

    Dave Warren Guest

    In the last episode of <>,
    Cyborg-HAF <> said:

    > In my old Windows XP 32-bi I used Atom Time a shareware
    >program to keep my Computer's time up to date. I use my computer's
    >clock to set all my clocks when power failure loses clocks time
    >settings. I now run Windows 7 64-Bit and Atom Time won't work in this
    >OS. I have my setting for Internet Time to check for proper time but
    >there is no setting in Time And Date settings to get a more than once
    >every 10 days that I used to set for once a day in XP. Is there any
    >setting in Window 7 64-bit to set a more often interval for automatic
    >checks of time accuracy?

    Check the Windows Task Scheduler, there's a ForceSynchronizeTime task,
    you can add triggers to it to kick off a time sync when Windows starts.

    Your system really shouldn't be drifting once booted, but if it is, add
    additional triggers as needed, or look into tweaking W32tm to be a bit
    more aggressive.

    Dave Warren, Jul 20, 2013