Re: How do I set my internet time check interval

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Robert Carnegie, Jul 19, 2013.

  1. On Friday, 19 July 2013 18:06:16 UTC+1, Cyborg-HAF wrote:
    > In my old Windows XP 32-bi I used Atom Time a shareware
    > program to keep my Computer's time up to date. I use my computer's
    > clock to set all my clocks when power failure loses clocks time
    > settings. I now run Windows 7 64-Bit and Atom Time won't work in this
    > OS. I have my setting for Internet Time to check for proper time but
    > there is no setting in Time And Date settings to get a more than once
    > every 10 days that I used to set for once a day in XP. Is there any
    > setting in Window 7 64-bit to set a more often interval for automatic
    > checks of time accuracy?

    <http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/dealing-with-windows-vista-time-sync-problems/>
    indicates (for Windows Vista) that there's a registry setting that
    normally represents 7 days counted in seconds.

    <http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5028>
    instead recommends using something called "TimeSyncTool" instead of
    having the time server checked by Windows.

    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2638243> appears to be Microsoft's
    advice - something about setting a minimum and maximum interval
    between polls instead being a better idea.

    Or, play with the "w32tm" command and see what happens. I wouldn't...
    Robert Carnegie, Jul 19, 2013