Re: how do I run Visual Basic after installation?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Auric__, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Auric__

    Auric__ Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:13:20 +1000, Richard Wright
    <> wrote:

    >My OS is Windows XP Home Edition.
    >
    >I have installed Visual Basic 6.0 Pro, Visual Studio 6.0 MSDN Library
    >and Service Pack 5.
    >
    >There were no apparent hiccups.
    >
    >But why oh why is there no icon for Visual Basic 6.0 on desktop and no
    >mention of Visual Basic when I list Start -> All Programs?
    >
    >Yet the program is there when I go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove
    >Programs.
    >
    >In other words - what has gone wrong with the installation? Or what am
    >I not understanding?

    The shortcuts got installed in the wrong directory, probably. If you
    search for a file named "Visual Basic" on all drives - that should
    bring up the link. Right-click on it and select "Open Containing
    Folder" to see them.

    -OR-

    To run the IDE, simply set up a shortcut to VB6.exe, normally located
    in the folder "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98".

    For MSDN, set up an icon pointing to this:
    F:\WINNT\hh.exe F:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
    Studio\MSDN98\98VSa\1033\msdnvs6a.col

    (Replace "F:\" with your system drive.)
    --
    auric "underscore" "underscore" "at" hotmail "dot" com
    Auric__, Jul 24, 2003