Re: how do I run Visual Basic after installation?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Richard Wright" <> wrote in message
    > My OS is Windows XP Home Edition.
    >
    > I have installed Visual Basic 6.0 Pro, Visual Studio 6.0 MSDN Library
    > and Service Pack 5.
    >
    > There were no apparent hiccups.
    >
    > But why oh why is there no icon for Visual Basic 6.0 on desktop and no
    > mention of Visual Basic when I list Start -> All Programs?
    >
    > Yet the program is there when I go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove
    > Programs.
    >
    > In other words - what has gone wrong with the installation? Or what am
    > I not understanding?

    Look for a folder in the VB directory called "BIN".
    you should find the main file here then create a shortcut and use it.
    Richard, Jul 24, 2003

  2. >>> My OS is Windows XP Home Edition.
    >>> I have installed Visual Basic 6.0 Pro, Visual Studio 6.0 MSDN Library
    >>> and Service Pack 5.

    <SNIP>

    >>Look for a folder in the VB directory called "BIN".
    >>you should find the main file here then create a shortcut and use it.

    > VB6 (& earlier) doesn't use a "bin" directory - VC does, and I don't
    > know about .NET.

    The default
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\vb6.exe

    Make shortcut to this

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 24, 2003