Re: how do I run Visual Basic after installation?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. > I have installed Visual Basic 6.0 Pro, Visual Studio 6.0 MSDN Library
    > and Service Pack 5.

    THE MSDN library are the help files for Visual Basic and are usually on
    another disk. (I did the samething when I first installed it I got con-fussed
    with 8 CD's... :) )

    Make sure you have the correct disk and try re-installing

    It will make an shortcut on your Menu "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0"
    as far as I can remember it doesn't make a shortcut on your desktop.

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 24, 2003

  2. That's right. MSDN Library was on the second of three CDs. Don't know
    where you got eight disks from :)

    What do you mean by Menu "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0" in this context?

    Richard Wright, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Bebop & Rocksteady

    trout Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> What do you mean by Menu "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0" in this
    >>> context?

    >> Start Menu > Programs > "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0"
    >>

    > Anybody who has the tenacity and intelligence to install VB, surely
    > should have the intelligence to already know that.
    > what exactly is the difference between "visual basic" and "microsoft
    > visual basic" that an intelligent person would not know?

    I just find myself assuming that your trailer would have more
    bullet-holes in it.
    --
    "But that would assume a sense of urgency not present on either side of
    those thin, poorly manufactured aluminum walls."

    trout, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Bebop & Rocksteady

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> What do you mean by Menu "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0" in this context?

    >> Start Menu > Programs > "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0"
    >>

    > Anybody who has the tenacity and intelligence to install VB, surely should
    > have the intelligence to already know that.
    > what exactly is the difference between "visual basic" and "microsoft visual
    > basic" that an intelligent person would not know?

    Are you pretending to be intelligent again?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 24, 2003

  5. >>>> What do you mean by Menu "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0" in this

    >>> Start Menu > Programs > "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0"

    >> Anybody who has the tenacity and intelligence to install VB, surely
    >> should have the intelligence to already know that.
    >> what exactly is the difference between "visual basic" and "microsoft
    >> visual basic" that an intelligent person would not know?

    > Are you pretending to be intelligent again?

    Tis alright Brian I am confudsed... I just answered what the OP wanted...
    hmmmm

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 24, 2003
  6. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:38:19 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by trout in message

    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message

    >>> Start Menu > Programs > "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0"
    >>>

    >> Anybody who has the tenacity and intelligence to install VB, surely
    >> should have the intelligence to already know that.
    >> what exactly is the difference between "visual basic" and "microsoft
    >> visual basic" that an intelligent person would not know?

    > I just find myself assuming that your trailer would have more
    > bullet-holes in it.

    From the inside out, of course. The result of practicing one's quick-draw
    technique in front of the TV with a loaded weapon.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 1888

    The Old Sourdough, Jul 24, 2003