    a router to connect the new phones to the network for VoIP. Any help
    would be appreciated. Thank you

    , May 19, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How can I complete this task? I have a 66 block with analog lines
    > coming into the block the 66 block that connects to a phone system. I
    > need to identify the correct phone numbers coming out of the block.
    > Punch down the lines using cat3 or cat5 cable bypassing the phone
    > system and running the new punched down lines straight into a FXO card
    > in a router. so the phone line no longer go to the phone system box but
    > a router to connect the new phones to the network for VoIP. Any help
    > would be appreciated. Thank you

    Is your question how to determine which line is which?

    Jonathan Roberts, May 19, 2006

  3. wrote:
    >How can I complete this task? I have a 66 block with analog lines

    Google for punch block tool. There are two flavors, 66 (POTS) and 110
    (network), you'll probably want a tool with both blades.

    William P.N. Smith, May 19, 2006
  4. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > How can I complete this task? I have a 66 block with
    > analog lines coming into the block the 66 block that
    > connects to a phone system. I need to identify the
    > correct phone numbers coming out of the block. Punch down
    > the lines using cat3 or cat5 cable bypassing the phone
    > system and running the new punched down lines straight
    > into a FXO card in a router. so the phone line no longer
    > go to the phone system box but a router to connect the
    > new phones to the network for VoIP. Any help would be
    > appreciated. Thank you

    Question - what is a "66" block..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 21, 2006
  5. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    >Question - what is a "66" block..?

    Only Google knows for sure. Just like a 110 block, but older, and not
    rated for Cat5. 8*)

    William P.N. Smith, May 21, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones Guest

    "William P.N. Smith" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > > Question - what is a "66" block..?

    > Only Google knows for sure. Just like a 110 block, but
    > older, and not rated for Cat5. 8*)

    Well as I haven't the faintest idea what a 110 block is either, I'm none
    the wiser..!

    If it's some American thing, please be aware that not all of the
    readership of this group is within the USA.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 22, 2006
  7. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "William P.N. Smith" <> wrote in
    > message news:
    > > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > > > Question - what is a "66" block..?

    > > Only Google knows for sure. Just like a 110 block, but
    > > older, and not rated for Cat5. 8*)

    > Well as I haven't the faintest idea what a 110 block is either, I'm none
    > the wiser..!
    >
    > If it's some American thing, please be aware that not all of the
    > readership of this group is within the USA.
    >
    > Ivor

    Ivor

    It is a telecommunication block to punch down telephone lines. I'm not sure
    if it is an American thing or used elsewhere. Some more info is here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/66_block

    Hope this helps

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, May 22, 2006
  8. Carl Navarro Guest

    On Mon, 22 May 2006 01:23:48 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"William P.N. Smith" <> wrote in
    >message news:
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    >> > Question - what is a "66" block..?

    >> Only Google knows for sure. Just like a 110 block, but
    >> older, and not rated for Cat5. 8*)

    >Well as I haven't the faintest idea what a 110 block is either, I'm none
    >the wiser..!
    >
    >If it's some American thing, please be aware that not all of the
    >readership of this group is within the USA.

    Good thing because of your name :)

    It's hard to decipher an address @.invalid and I don't display headers
    in the newsgroups to see where your message originated.

    Do you have Krone blocks? Turn it sideways, put legs on it, and that
    would be a 110-AW50 block. When you put in 4 rows, its a 100 and with
    12 rows you get 300 pairs.

    Carl Navarro

    Carl Navarro, May 22, 2006
  9. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Ivor
    >
    > It is a telecommunication block to punch down telephone
    > lines. I'm not sure if it is an American thing or used
    > elsewhere. Some more info is here:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/66_block
    >
    > Hope this helps
    >
    > Jonathan

    Ah, thanks. Here in the UK we use a similar thing (not quite the same from
    the illustration) commonly called (taken from the manufacturer's name),
    Krone strips.

    https://www6.adc.com/ecom/hier?NODE=OND94421

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 22, 2006
  10. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Carl Navarro" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Do you have Krone blocks? Turn it sideways, put legs on
    > it, and that would be a 110-AW50 block. When you put in
    > 4 rows, its a 100 and with 12 rows you get 300 pairs.
    >
    > Carl Navarro

    Yes we use Krone blocks here, they appear to be the same or very similar,
    thanks for the clarification.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 22, 2006