    undercover lovers http://tinyurl.com/lmglgp
    or http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...dstocks_undercover_lovers_.html#ixzz0Loo79kGk
    , Jul 21, 2009

  2. G. Morgan Guest

    Agent: -Manual online MID lookup for Agent 4 & 5 - Was: How do I link to

    [ x-posted to alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent ]

    wrote:

    > Limpy <> wrote:

    [the OP asked how to create a hyperlink to open a usenet article]

    >>a Usenet poast?

    >Most of the time the Message ID will work. Don't know why that hasn't
    >been mentioned, but you need to be in a newsreader for it to work

    >Double click on it. "Most of the time" - don't count on it to work all
    >the time.

    <snip>

    >Anytime I get a "I can't find the message, can I go look for it?" or
    >something like that - Agent is suppose to have a large database just
    >for this function; I say yes, and I've never seen a message yet and
    >I've run Agent since version .98.

    [ to alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent]

    I have had bad luck with that feature too Pennywise. Also, when I click a
    message ID in the 'references' header it will ask me to go online and find the
    article and it usually does. However, I wonder how to invoke online MID
    searching manually?
    G. Morgan, Jul 21, 2009

  3. Re: Agent: -Manual online MID lookup for Agent 4 & 5 - Was: How do I link to

    On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:20:34 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
    <> wrote:

    >[ x-posted to alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent ]
    >
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Limpy <> wrote:

    >[the OP asked how to create a hyperlink to open a usenet article]
    >
    >>>a Usenet poast?

    >>Most of the time the Message ID will work. Don't know why that hasn't
    >>been mentioned, but you need to be in a newsreader for it to work

    >>Double click on it. "Most of the time" - don't count on it to work all
    >>the time.

    ><snip>
    >
    >>Anytime I get a "I can't find the message, can I go look for it?" or
    >>something like that - Agent is suppose to have a large database just
    >>for this function;

    Not *just* for that function. It's an offline reader, a local db is
    what it needs to do that. If the message-id is in the local db then
    doing that will find it.

    >>I say yes, and I've never seen a message yet and
    >>I've run Agent since version .98.

    If the message isn't in the local database, then Agent asks for it
    from the NNTP servers. If the servers don't have it, then
    groups.google.com's advance search might find it.

    >[ to alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent]
    >
    >I have had bad luck with that feature too Pennywise. Also, when I click a
    >message ID in the 'references' header it will ask me to go online and find the
    >article and it usually does. However, I wonder how to invoke online MID
    >searching manually?

    If you want more manual, then open a Reply, paste in your message id,
    then double-click on it. There isn't a simpler mechanism within Agent.

    You could write a little script outside Agent to telnet to your NNTP
    server.

    Cheers - Jaimie
    --
    Seminars, n.: From "semi" and "arse", hence, any half-arsed discussion.
    Jaimie Vandenbergh, Jul 21, 2009