Re: How do i know if my fan is working?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by James D Andrews, May 17, 2011.

  1. Fredd Wright banged his head on his keyboard to write :
    > I have had a problem with my computer suddenly turning off. I should mention
    > that it has happened 3 times since i blew the dust out of my computer and
    > replaced all the memory 3 days ago. My first thought was the power supply.
    > However, i noticed that i haven't been hearing the fan whirr like it used to
    > when i had a lot running.
    >
    > This AM, i woke up to it turned off again. I turned it back on and it turned
    > itself off after only about 5 minutes with nothing but MS Word open. I opened
    > the PC and the heat sink was hot to the touch. That's when i thought about
    > the fan. I turned the computer back on and the fan DOES rotate but i still
    > never hear that loud whirring sound it used to make occasionally. I looked
    > at the fan and tried to wiggle the wire connected to the MB. It seems to be
    > seated fast. Is it possible that the fan could be broken in a way that it
    > still works but just not that much??? I've never heard of that but i'm just
    > trying to figure this out.
    >
    > I'd like to check the CPU temp but i can't find any programs (Speedfan, mbm
    > etc) that work with my motherboard. I have an Intel 945G with Pentium D 820
    > 2.8ghz CPU.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Fredd

    Have you tried PC Wizard?
    It monitors and/or reports on many things about your computer,
    including fans, processor and hard drive temps, voltage, etc.

    http://www.freewarefiles.com/PC-Wizard_program_14191.html

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim