    David Guest

    I think you can put the viewing software from a Kodak cd onto your computer,
    and replace the images that the lab put in the dir with another set.

    David, Jul 15, 2003

  2. David

    Myles Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:12:20 GMT, "David" <>
    wrote:

    >I think you can put the viewing software from a Kodak cd onto your computer,
    >and replace the images that the lab put in the dir with another set.

    Yes the Kodak software can be put on hard disk --- seems to do this
    for you automatically BUT if you then launch from the hard disk it
    asks for the Kodak CD to be put in CD drive and if you do that then
    you get slide show for the jpgs on the CD . Now this CD is a CD ROM
    so I am not sure how to get around this . Ideally I would like to
    replace the jpgs on the Kodak CD with another set of jpegs of my own
    choice .

    Any thoughts ?

    Myles, Jul 15, 2003

  3. David

    Charlie Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:11:17 GMT, (Myles) wrote:

    >On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:12:20 GMT, "David" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I think you can put the viewing software from a Kodak cd onto your computer,
    >>and replace the images that the lab put in the dir with another set.
    >>

    >Yes the Kodak software can be put on hard disk --- seems to do this
    >for you automatically BUT if you then launch from the hard disk it
    >asks for the Kodak CD to be put in CD drive and if you do that then
    >you get slide show for the jpgs on the CD . Now this CD is a CD ROM
    >so I am not sure how to get around this . Ideally I would like to
    >replace the jpgs on the Kodak CD with another set of jpegs of my own
    >choice .
    >
    >Any thoughts ?

    If all you want is to put together a collection of JPEG images and
    then show them as a slideshow, you don't need any Kodak software for
    that. There are a lot of different (free) software programs that will
    help you create the slideshow. I recommend you try the one by Ed
    Hamrick available at http://www.hamrick.com/arc.html called vueslide.
    He also has information on how to make that CD autorun the slideshow
    when the CD is inserted in the drive.

    --
    Charlie Hoffpauir
    If you really want to reply via email, my valid

    Charlie, Jul 15, 2003
  4. David

    HRosita Guest

    H> wrote:

    >Ideally I would like to
    >replace the jpgs on the Kodak CD with another set of jpegs of my own
    >choice .

    I don't think the Kodak CD is rewritable so I doubt that you can add your
    pictures to it.
    You might try copying your pictures and inserting the CD with your pictures and
    see if the KodaK software reads it.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jul 15, 2003
  5. David

    John Jones Guest

    On 15 Jul 2003 17:13:59 GMT, et (HRosita) wrote:

    >I don't think the Kodak CD is rewritable so I doubt that you can add your
    >pictures to it.

    While the Photo CD's you normally get when you drop your photos off at
    a drugstore or the like are NOT rewriteable, as you say, I'm pretty
    sure I have heard of Photo CD's that can have additional "sessions"
    added to them. Might have to deal with a custom color lab or the like
    to get those.

    John Jones, Detroit

    John Jones, Jul 15, 2003
  6. David

    David Guest

    Not mine, I did a copy to a dir on a haed drive and deleated the Kodak pics,
    then put mine in the dir and it runs fine. It does not ask for the disk, it
    is not an intilation.

    David, Jul 16, 2003
  7. David

    Toivo Voll Guest

    John Jones wrote:
    > On 15 Jul 2003 17:13:59 GMT, et (HRosita) wrote:
    >
    >>I don't think the Kodak CD is rewritable so I doubt that you can add your
    >>pictures to it.

    > While the Photo CD's you normally get when you drop your photos off at
    > a drugstore or the like are NOT rewriteable, as you say, I'm pretty
    > sure I have heard of Photo CD's that can have additional "sessions"
    > added to them. Might have to deal with a custom color lab or the like
    > to get those.

    You get PictureCDs from your local drugstore. They're cheap and often
    atrocious quality, with or without the Kodak logo. You get PhotoCDs from
    professional labs. They're good and expensive, have their pictures
    in a special photoCD format, and can have pictures added to them later.
    Two different products!

    Toivo

    Toivo Voll, Jul 22, 2003
  8. David

    PZuehlke Guest

    I think Costco does scans to photo cd, cheap. Don't know about the quality.

    PZuehlke, Jul 23, 2003
  9. David

    James Smith Guest

    Adobe's new Adobe Photoshop Album will make photo CDs as well as DVDs.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/overview.html

    James Smith, Jul 23, 2003