    Do a traceroute. That may only get you to their boundary host and
    you'll never know which host in their web farm to which you were
    redirected.
    VanguardLH, Jan 6, 2011

  2. VanguardLH

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 17:21:47 -0600, VanguardLH wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks

    > Do a traceroute. That may only get you to their boundary host and
    > you'll never know which host in their web farm to which you were
    > redirected.

    Go to any "Whois" site and look up the domain name.
    At the bottom of the information you will see a listing beginning with ns1.
    or ns2. Most people don't know how to change that information so it will
    most likely be the hosting company.

    You might see something like:
    ns1.hostgator.com
    ns2.hostgator.com

    If it's different from the domain name that is.
    If it's the same name, then that means they have changed the name servers.
    richard, Jan 6, 2011

  3. VanguardLH

    G. Morgan Guest

    Lookout <> wrote:

    >What usually happens is I ask in here and then start thinking it
    >through instead of the other way around. I get lazy like everybody.

    What an ass.
    G. Morgan, Jan 7, 2011
  4. VanguardLH

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 20:23:00 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:41:02 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>Go to any "Whois" site and look up the domain name.
    >>At the bottom of the information you will see a listing beginning with ns1.
    >>or ns2.

    > There's no rule that says a nameserver (which is what you are talking
    > about) be called "ns1." or any name for that matter.
    >
    >>Most people don't know how to change that information so it will
    >>most likely be the hosting company.

    > WTF are you smoking bullis?
    >
    > Those are the Name Servers, nothing more.
    >
    > My domain is hosted on my home computer. Godaddy is my name server.
    >
    >>You might see something like:
    >>ns1.hostgator.com
    >>ns2.hostgator.com
    >>
    >>If it's different from the domain name that is.

    > Huh?
    >
    >>If it's the same name, then that means they have changed the name servers.

    > WTF are you babbling about?

    kloo stick fer ya dipshit. It is possible to change the nameserver's name
    by the domain owner if they have permission to do so.
    I most certainly can on mine. I just don't see the need to do it.
    While the actual name is purely a choice, ICANN kind of likes to see them
    named in some manner their system recognizes quickly.
    Either like ns1 or namesever1.

    You're even a dumber kloosless dipshit by hiding a stealth address.
    You forget dear klooless one, your ham radio license address is an open
    book.
    ARRL and the FCC have your address on the record books for open inspection
    any time.
    richard, Jan 7, 2011
  5. VanguardLH

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 06/01/2011 23:41, richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 17:21:47 -0600, VanguardLH wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks

    >> Do a traceroute. That may only get you to their boundary host and
    >> you'll never know which host in their web farm to which you were
    >> redirected.

    > Go to any "Whois" site and look up the domain name.
    > At the bottom of the information you will see a listing beginning with ns1.
    > or ns2. Most people don't know how to change that information so it will
    > most likely be the hosting company.
    >
    > You might see something like:
    > ns1.hostgator.com
    > ns2.hostgator.com
    >
    > If it's different from the domain name that is.
    > If it's the same name, then that means they have changed the name servers.

    WTF? That's the nameservers for the domain. It won't tell you which
    server is hosting the site.

    What the hell, OK genius, tell us the procedure using your instructions
    above that will tell me the name of the server hosting www.bbc.co.uk

    <Silence>
    Desk Rabbit, Jan 7, 2011
  6. VanguardLH

    G. Morgan Guest

    Desk Rabbit <> wrote:

    >On 06/01/2011 23:41, richard wrote:

    >>> Do a traceroute. That may only get you to their boundary host and
    >>> you'll never know which host in their web farm to which you were
    >>> redirected.

    >> Go to any "Whois" site and look up the domain name.
    >> At the bottom of the information you will see a listing beginning with ns1.
    >> or ns2. Most people don't know how to change that information so it will
    >> most likely be the hosting company.
    >>
    >> You might see something like:
    >> ns1.hostgator.com
    >> ns2.hostgator.com
    >>
    >> If it's different from the domain name that is.
    >> If it's the same name, then that means they have changed the name servers.

    >WTF? That's the nameservers for the domain. It won't tell you which
    >server is hosting the site.
    >
    >What the hell, OK genius, tell us the procedure using your instructions
    >above that will tell me the name of the server hosting www.bbc.co.uk
    >
    ><Silence>

    Give him the answer and he still won't know how.

    bbc-vip112.telhc.bbc.co.uk
    G. Morgan, Jan 7, 2011