Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nospam, Oct 31, 2012.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the ability to easily add or
    > delete photographs applies only to files added by synchronizing with
    > iTunes.

    absolutely wrong.

    photos synced with itunes can only be deleted from itunes.

    photos in the camera roll can be deleted on the device, or en masse
    when plugged into a computer.
    nospam, Oct 31, 2012

  2. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the ability to easily add or
    > >> delete photographs applies only to files added by synchronizing with
    > >> iTunes.

    > >absolutely wrong.
    > >
    > >photos synced with itunes can only be deleted from itunes.

    > That's more or less what I said.

    is it?

    if you sync photos from itunes, you *can't* delete them on the device.

    i don't consider that 'easily add or delete'.

    adding or deleting photos to the camera roll, however, is very easy,
    and without using itunes.
    nospam, Oct 31, 2012

  3. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> That's more or less what I said.

    > >is it?
    > >
    > >if you sync photos from itunes, you *can't* delete them on the device.
    > >
    > >i don't consider that 'easily add or delete'.
    > >
    > >adding or deleting photos to the camera roll, however, is very easy,
    > >and without using itunes.

    > You seem to be confused.
    >
    > "photos synced with itunes" are not found in the camera roll. It
    > follows I was not then talking about the camera roll.

    i'm well aware of that.

    my point is that once you sync photos into albums using itunes, you
    have to use itunes to delete them, either via cable or wirelessly.

    that's not what i'd call easy. many people complain about it too.

    it's also inconsistent with being able to delete photos in the camera
    roll. you might be surprised how many people get confused why you can
    delete photos in the camera roll but not in albums on the ipad (or
    maybe you wouldn't).
    nospam, Oct 31, 2012