Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DanP, Oct 30, 2012.

  1. DanP

    Sandman Guest

    In article <>,
    Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    > > Not only is that not in violation with the USB Mass Storage
    > > specification,

    > maybe your idea of a mass storage device is differnt to mine then.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_mass-storage_device_class

    Well, it would have to be if you read that and came away with the
    notion that a read-only UMS host is in violation of the specification.

    > > but it also the way your DSLR acts when you connect it
    > > to your computer.

    > Not quite yet again.

    Incorrect.

    > > It will not advertise itself as file volume, but it does use the
    > > USB Mass Storage protocol.

    > But that protocal means you should be able to drag and drop files in both
    > directions.

    No, it does not. "drag and drop" is not a part of the specification.

    > > > I used to do that with my 30GB HDD iPod, I used it as an
    > > > external disc drive,

    > > > but you can;t use teh ipad for that.

    > > Which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

    > yes it does, it's whether or mot you can use it as a mass storage device.
    > Perhaps your idea of a mass storage device is difernt to mine.
    > Perhaps you mean mass storage class.

    My "idea" is in line with the definition and specification of the
    protocol. Your "idea" seems to rather at odds with that.

    > > > I've deleted folders or rather events which contain those sorts of
    > > > numbers

    > > Deleting albums (not folders, not events) on the iPad does not delete
    > >
    > > the actual photos in that album.

    > What do you mean by that ?

    That you haven't deleted "folders" nor "events" on the iPad. You have
    deleted "albums" and that has not affected any actual photos on the
    device.

    > I have an album called Simba photos on my ipad, I can;t delete them off the
    > ipad because they were not taken using the ipad, if I don;t want them on teh
    > ipad then I must unsynch that folder (smart folder in my case) then the
    > photos will no longer appear on my ipad.

    I have no idea how this is related to your above claim about having
    deleted "folders" and "events".

    --
    Sandman[.net]

    Sandman, Nov 1, 2012
    1. Advertising

  2. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:13:08 PM UTC, nospam wrote:

    > > > you did something wrong.

    > > I have marked all the folders to be copied, looked at their size, around 19Gb

    > > and pasted them in my laptop. Transfer started but stopped after about 5

    > > minutes. I thought the iPad went to sleep mode, turned sleep mode off and

    > > tried again. Same happened the second time and I gave up. I have 4.7Gb of

    > > those files in 5 folders named 114MPRT, 116MPRT, 128MPRT, 129MPRT, 130MPRT

    > > and 131MPRT.

    > > Can you point out what I did wrong?

    > i don't use linux and have no idea what you did wrong.

    So why are you saying I did something wrong?

    > a little googling suggests you need to install libimobiledevice.
    >
    > whether that's your problem or not, i have no idea. for all i know, you
    >
    > used a crappy usb cable.

    I have no problem with the USB port, it works fine with my pocket HDD, satnav, camera and my mobile. The cable was an Apple product.

    And since you think there is iPad is not meant to be plugged into a Linux computer why are you suggesting I should spend time chasing something that cannot be done?

    > > The Ipad belogs to someone else and I

    > > have no idea how is supposed to be set up.

    > that much is clear.

    Does it need to be set up? Do you have an idea how it needs to be set up ifit needs a set up?

    > > > good thing, since you can't handle the simple stuff.

    > > Hey, the whole point of the iPad is that is easy to use. It stopped the

    > > transfer, I have no idea why.

    > well, you don't seem to want to find out why it stopped partway. you
    >
    > just want to complain.

    Life's too short.

    > > > nonsense. over half of ipads (and iphones) are sold to windows users.

    > > I found this on macworld.com

    > > "Apple�s officially endorsed route for file-transfers between iPad and Mac is

    > > via iTunes file-sharing. Unfortunately, it�s an amazingly clunky process."

    > > I was told the same by the iPad owner.

    > itunes runs on both mac and windows. in other words, what you found
    >
    > proves you wrong.

    Proves what I said, if you want a good iPad experience you should use a Mac..

    > plus, what they're referring to is something entirely different.

    > > > nonsense. the functionality is there. your problem is elsewhere.

    > > So, it worked for 4.7Gb out of 19Gb. I know the functionality is there but it

    > > does not work fully for me.

    > and as i said, you don't seem to be interested in finding out what the
    >
    > problem is.

    > > > good thing it does that.

    > > Did a quarter of what I asked it to do.

    > maybe you didn't ask the right question.

    Maybe you are just trolling.

    DanP

    DanP, Nov 1, 2012
    1. Advertising

  3. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:42:31 -0700, nospam <>
    >wrote:
    >>apple calls them an apple genius.

    >>microsoft copied the idea (nothing new there) and calls them a guru.

    [Snort!]

    Long before "apple" was anything more than the name of fruit, stores
    employed people to handle sales transactions and advise customers on
    how to use products. They called them "sales clerks".

    Apple copied the idea and gave them the high-faluting title of
    "genius".

    The garden store I buy plants from has a clerk that offers very
    detailed advice on how to nurture and care for the plants I buy, and
    how to rescue the plants that I don't treat respectfully. He's a
    genius when it comes to this, but he doesn't have the audacity to
    proclaim himself that.

    Apple engaged in some harmless puffery by giving their sales clerks a
    buzzterm title, but what they do is the same thing that knowledgeable
    sales clerks have been doing for centuries without benefit of a catchy
    title on their name tag.

    You think that Apple should be able to have sole claim on gimmicky
    titles?

    It isn't the product that turns me off. It's the attitude of certain
    users of the product that there is something *special* about being a
    user of the product.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Nov 1, 2012
  4. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> "I know if I go to the local Apple store the young geek behind the
    > >> counter will try to find the answer on Google."
    > >>
    > >> 'Geek' not 'genius'. 'Young' not 'very young'. Though the usage is
    > >> ambiguous, there are lots of young geeks in that store, not just the
    > >> one.

    > >apple calls them an apple genius.

    > But I didn't

    it doesn't matter what you call them.

    if you go into an apple store, the person who will give you tech
    support and help resolve your issue is called an apple genius. that's
    their job title.

    nospam, Nov 1, 2012
  5. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> You know I was concerned about the possibility of causing problems if
    > >> I tinker around with the inside of an iPad via an external computer.

    > >you *can't* tinker with the 'inside of an ipad'.
    > >
    > >all you can see is the camera roll.

    > Hmm. You really haven't been reading what I have been writing. Have
    > you? I don't have a camera roll.

    yes you most certainly do have a camera roll.

    nospam, Nov 1, 2012
  6. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> That's right. 'I' plug it into the computer ... and delete. There are
    > >> too many complications with this and I wouldn't trust my wife to do
    > >> it. I'm sure she is not alone in this. The ability to block-delete in
    > >> the iPad the photographs she could see would vastly improve life for
    > >> both of us.

    > >what complications?
    > >
    > >it's one checkbox:

    > >><http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/HT4083/HT4083_0

    > >4--progress-001-en.png>
    > >
    > >there could be complications if she tapped the wrong button on the
    > >ipad. why are you ignoring that?
    > >
    > >seriously, you're making this *far* more complicated than it needs to
    > >be.

    > Can you tell me why trying to open that URL opened a process which I
    > had to kill through Task Manager? I have a theory ...

    because there's something wrong with your system.

    that url is *just* a png. there is no html, javascript, flash or other
    plug-ins required, etc. it's as simple as it gets.

    if you can't display an image in your browser, then you have far more
    serious problems than worrying about how to delete photos on an ipad.
    seriously.

    nospam, Nov 1, 2012
  7. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    DanP <> wrote:

    > > > Can you point out what I did wrong?

    > > i don't use linux and have no idea what you did wrong.

    > So why are you saying I did something wrong?

    because it failed to copy partway. that's not normal.

    > > a little googling suggests you need to install libimobiledevice.
    > >
    > > whether that's your problem or not, i have no idea. for all i know, you
    > >
    > > used a crappy usb cable.

    > I have no problem with the USB port, it works fine with my pocket HDD,
    > satnav, camera and my mobile. The cable was an Apple product.

    something is causing the transfer to fail, and it's not the ipad since
    the ipad works fine on mac or windows systems. that leaves your system
    as the culprit.

    > And since you think there is iPad is not meant to be plugged into a Linux
    > computer why are you suggesting I should spend time chasing something that
    > cannot be done?

    i didn't say it wasn't meant to, i said it's not supported by apple.
    that means you, the linux user, have to support it. you should be used
    to that since a lot of companies don't offer linux support. nothing new
    there.

    > > > I found this on macworld.com

    > > > "Apple�s officially endorsed route for file-transfers between iPad and
    > > > Mac is
    > > > via iTunes file-sharing. Unfortunately, it�s an amazingly clunky
    > > > process."
    > > > I was told the same by the iPad owner.

    > > itunes runs on both mac and windows. in other words, what you found
    > > proves you wrong.

    > Proves what I said, if you want a good iPad experience you should use a Mac.

    wrong. it doesn't prove that at all.

    itunes is for *both* mac and windows. what you found proves it works
    best with mac *and* windows systems, not just macs.

    and fix your news reader. it's double-spacing the lines, among other
    problems.

    nospam, Nov 1, 2012
  8. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, tony cooper
    <> wrote:

    > >>apple calls them an apple genius.

    > >>microsoft copied the idea (nothing new there) and calls them a guru.
    > >>

    > [Snort!]
    >
    > Long before "apple" was anything more than the name of fruit, stores
    > employed people to handle sales transactions and advise customers on
    > how to use products. They called them "sales clerks".
    >
    > Apple copied the idea and gave them the high-faluting title of
    > "genius".

    wrong, as usual. you have no idea what you're talking about.

    the apple geniuses are *not* sales clerks.

    in fact, they don't do sales at all. they are *tech* *support*. that's
    all they do. they diagnose hardware and software problems. they answer
    questions from users. they fix things.

    if you want purchase advice, you talk to someone *else* in the store,
    not a genius.

    and as i said, microsoft copied apple's success and calls their
    geniuses gurus. they also designed their stores to look like apple
    stores. it's rather amusing. one thing they do well is copy.

    nospam, Nov 1, 2012
  9. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Sandman
    <> wrote:

    > > > The iPad does not have a file manager. It has a basic photo manager.
    > > > Not file manager.

    > > I stand corrected. I don't experience with iPads
    > > myself, but I did recently have to help my elderly father
    > > set up his Android tablet. It's half the price and includes
    > > a full-scale file manager, so I assumed the iPad had
    > > *at least* that much functionality.

    > No, the philosophy with many application approaches today is to
    > obscure the file system. You do it in LIghtroom as well. Lightroom is
    > a way for you to forget about the actual files and instead manage the
    > *photos*. The files are just the container.

    that's what a lot of people don't understand. things are changing.
    they're stuck in their old ways of how it used to be done and *very*
    resistant to change.

    file system access is eventually going away for almost all use
    scenarios. dedicated apps do a much better job.

    users don't want to deal with individual files, they want to deal with
    photos, songs, movies, contacts, etc. it doesn't matter where the
    actual data is. it could be on the device or it could be in the cloud.

    nospam, Nov 1, 2012
  10. DanP

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:43:57 PM UTC, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:42:31 -0700, nospam <>
    >
    > >wrote:

    > >>apple calls them an apple genius.

    > >>microsoft copied the idea (nothing new there) and calls them a guru.

    > [Snort!]

    A nice line :)

    > Long before "apple" was anything more than the name of fruit, stores
    >
    > employed people to handle sales transactions and advise customers on
    >
    > how to use products. They called them "sales clerks".

    And before professional engineers loads of mechanics called themselves engineers.

    > Apple copied the idea and gave them the high-faluting title of
    >
    > "genius".

    and the genius bar doesn't serve drinks, so it's not a bar is it ;-)

    > The garden store I buy plants from has a clerk that offers very
    >
    > detailed advice on how to nurture and care for the plants I buy, and
    >
    > how to rescue the plants that I don't treat respectfully. He's a
    >
    > genius when it comes to this, but he doesn't have the audacity to
    >
    > proclaim himself that.

    If the store labled him that then he could I guess.

    > Apple engaged in some harmless puffery by giving their sales clerks a
    >
    > buzzterm title, but what they do is the same thing that knowledgeable
    >
    > sales clerks have been doing for centuries without benefit of a catchy
    >
    > title on their name tag.

    That depends on the sales clerk doesn't it.
    Differnt industries use differnt terms that's all.

    > You think that Apple should be able to have sole claim on gimmicky
    >
    > titles?

    No, they werne;t the first and unlikely to be the last.

    > It isn't the product that turns me off. It's the attitude of certain
    >
    > users of the product that there is something *special* about being a
    >
    > user of the product.

    I found that more (in the past) with people that use PCs, for years I was told Apple macs are for people that can;t use computers that need everythingdrag and drop and need fancy coloured icons becasue they couldn't under stand things like copy /Ab /Ac/xy

    Whisky-dave, Nov 1, 2012
  11. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <2012110110033593099-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > >> Hmm. You really haven't been reading what I have been writing. Have
    > >> you? I don't have a camera roll.

    > > yes you most certainly do have a camera roll.

    > He might not have an activated "Camera Roll" if all that has been done
    > on that iPad is import image files via the Apple Connect Kit. Those
    > image files would only appear in the "All Imports" album/Folder.
    > In all likelihood if Eric took one shot with the iPad camera he would
    > have a "Camera Roll" right next to the two "import" albums.

    there's nothing to activate. the camera roll is always there. it's
    where photos taken by the built-in camera, imported photos and screen
    shots go.

    now, his camera roll may be empty, but based on what he said, it is
    not. he said his wife imported photos, therefore there *is* something
    on the camera roll, in fact, it's the very photos he wants to delete.

    when you plug an ipad (or other ios device) into a computer, all you
    see the camera roll, because it shows up as a camera. you don't see the
    rest of the ipad.

    > I never had the "Import" albums until I picked up the Connect Kit
    > yesterday to make that very check.

    that's a subset of the camera roll.

    screen shots and the internal camera's photos go into the camera roll
    too.

    nospam, Nov 1, 2012
  12. DanP

    Mayayana Guest

    > Long before "apple" was anything more than the name of fruit, stores
    >
    > employed people to handle sales transactions and advise customers on
    >
    > how to use products. They called them "sales clerks".

    | And before professional engineers loads of mechanics called themselves
    engineers.

    Lots of software coders now call themselves engineers,
    even though they don't have an engineering degree. At one
    time or another people have called themselves software
    engineers, developers, architects, or authors. Whole Foods
    calls their clerks "team members". Many secretaries are
    executive assistants or even vice presidents. Inflated titles
    have been the new pay raise for a long time. As long as
    people are sucker enough to take low pay for a fancy
    title, the trend will keep going. Personally I'd be embarassed
    to have to tell a date that I'm an "Apple genius". It sounds
    silly..... But I guess I could call myself a senior usenet analyst. :)

    Mayayana, Nov 1, 2012
  13. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <k6ubbm$gn9$>, Mayayana
    <> wrote:

    > As long as
    > people are sucker enough to take low pay for a fancy
    > title, the trend will keep going. Personally I'd be embarassed
    > to have to tell a date that I'm an "Apple genius". It sounds
    > silly..... But I guess I could call myself a senior usenet analyst. :)

    apple geniuses are *not* low paid workers. more ignorance.

    salaries vary, but they generally make about *double* what a sales
    specialist in the very same store makes, possibly more.

    the title may be cutesy, but they've earned it.

    nospam, Nov 1, 2012
  14. DanP

    David Taylor Guest

    On 01/11/2012 17:42, nospam wrote:
    []
    > apple geniuses are *not* low paid workers. more ignorance.
    >
    > salaries vary, but they generally make about *double* what a sales
    > specialist in the very same store makes, possibly more.
    >
    > the title may be cutesy, but they've earned it.

    Must be an awfully complicated product that it takes a genius to explain
    it to Joe Public! I thought these things were supposed to be easy, to
    be intuitive? <G>
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Nov 1, 2012
  15. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 09:31:13 -0700, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >> [Snort!]
    >>
    >> Long before "apple" was anything more than the name of fruit, stores
    >> employed people to handle sales transactions and advise customers on
    >> how to use products. They called them "sales clerks".
    >>
    >> Apple copied the idea and gave them the high-faluting title of
    >> "genius".

    >wrong, as usual. you have no idea what you're talking about.
    >
    >the apple geniuses are *not* sales clerks.

    >in fact, they don't do sales at all. they are *tech* *support*. that's
    >all they do. they diagnose hardware and software problems. they answer
    >questions from users. they fix things.

    A "sales clerk" is anyone in the store that assists customers and
    potential customers in any way. They don't need to ring the sale to
    be a sales clerk.

    >if you want purchase advice, you talk to someone *else* in the store,
    >not a genius.

    So the "genius" doesn't say "You need to add a {insert product name}
    to do what you want to do"?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Nov 1, 2012
  16. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:52:09 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
    <> wrote:

    >> You think that Apple should be able to have sole claim on gimmicky
    >>
    >> titles?

    >No, they werne;t the first and unlikely to be the last.

    Yeah, there's "Geek Squad" with their catchy title.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Nov 1, 2012
  17. DanP

    Mayayana Guest

    | > No, the philosophy with many application approaches today is to
    | > obscure the file system. You do it in LIghtroom as well. Lightroom is
    | > a way for you to forget about the actual files and instead manage the
    | > *photos*. The files are just the container.
    |
    | that's what a lot of people don't understand. things are changing.
    | they're stuck in their old ways of how it used to be done and *very*
    | resistant to change.
    |
    | file system access is eventually going away for almost all use
    | scenarios. dedicated apps do a much better job.
    |
    | users don't want to deal with individual files, they want to deal with
    | photos, songs, movies, contacts, etc. it doesn't matter where the
    | actual data is. it could be on the device or it could be in the cloud.

    Admit it. You stole that text from an Apple or
    Microsoft cloud-mania press release, didn't you? :)

    I don't know about "users", but I want a file manager.
    I don't want software/tech companies to decide what I
    want or need. I want them to give me tools, not services.
    And it does matter to me whether my data is in the cloud.
    It also matters legally. There was an article today about
    how people who were using Megaupload will probably never
    get their data back. It was stolen by the US gov't and
    they simply refuse to return it:

    http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/10/no-dice-megaupload-data/

    There was an interesting case recently (speaking of
    people who have no idea where their files actually are)
    about a woman in Norway who was informed by Amazon
    that she had somehow breached their terms of service
    and that therefore all of the books she had seemingly
    *bought* had been erased.

    http://www.bekkelund.net/2012/10/22/outlawed-by-amazon-drm/

    (She eventually got the books back, apparently, but Amazon
    provided no explanation and made it clear that they claim the
    right to do such a thing at any time.)

    A legal vagueness has developed around online rights
    and ownership, like this one demanding all gmail, including
    "deleted" gmail, be handed over in a court case:

    http://news.cnet.com/Police-blotter-Judge-orders-Gmail-disclosure/2100-1047_3-6050295.html

    It's now typical for webmail companies to be subpoena-ed
    in such cases, with the implication that the free webmail
    company is actually the rightful owner of your writings and
    correspondence, because it's stored on their property and
    you're not paying for that storage.

    If you're happy to be ignorant of where your actual files
    are, and happy to have Apple tell you what you want*,
    the above may all be OK in your mind. But to fault everyone
    who sees things otherwise indicates a kind of denial.

    * Steve Jobs: "It's not the consumers' job to figure out what they want."

    http://www.businessinsider.com/not-the-customers-job-to-know-what-they-want-2011-5

    Steve Jobs and the new Apple campus: "The architects wanted the windows to
    open. Jobs said no. He had never liked the idea of people being able to open
    things. 'That would just allow people to screw things up'"

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12/08/apples_black_doughnut_cupertino_hq/

    So the spoiled autocrat who imagined himself to be
    some sort of tech. Zen master seems to be just the
    guy you want to make your decisions for you. But some
    of us like to make our own decisions and do things
    for ourselves.

    Mayayana, Nov 1, 2012
  18. DanP

    Mayayana Guest

    | apple geniuses are *not* low paid workers. more ignorance.

    http://osxdaily.com/2010/10/05/apple-store-pay/

    According to that, $17/hour is typical. That's not
    minimum wage, but it seems awfully low to me. It's
    basically a good pay rate for unskilled labor.... But
    don't let me talk you out of applying for the job. :)

    Mayayana, Nov 1, 2012
  19. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 10:13:17 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2012-11-01 09:31:13 -0700, nospam <> said:

    >>> [Snort!]
    >>>
    >>> Long before "apple" was anything more than the name of fruit, stores
    >>> employed people to handle sales transactions and advise customers on
    >>> how to use products. They called them "sales clerks".
    >>>
    >>> Apple copied the idea and gave them the high-faluting title of
    >>> "genius".

    >> wrong, as usual. you have no idea what you're talking about.
    >>
    >> the apple geniuses are *not* sales clerks.

    >Agreed.
    >
    >The kids in the blue shirt wandering around the Apple stores are
    >effectively sales clerks. They are not the store's "Apple Geniuses",
    >not every employee at the Apple stores is burdened with that title.
    >
    >The "Apple Geniuses" are the individuals found behind the customer
    >support counter, or "Genius Bar", and they are usually somewhat more
    >mature than the part-time student sales folks wandering the floor. Many
    >of the Apple Stores, depending on size, only have three or four "Apple
    >Geniuses" in the store at any time.

    OK, if you don't want to include the geniuses in the "sales clerk"
    category, then what is so special about having someone in a store that
    has a designated responsibility and that any other store is considered
    to be "copying" that idea if they also have a person in the store that
    has a designated responsibility?

    At Christmas, Bloomingdale's has a place in the store where you can
    take items to be gift wrapped by people who do nothing but gift wrap
    items. If Macy's also has a place in the store where you can take
    items to be gift wrapped by people who do nothing but gift wrap, do we
    accuse Macy's of copying Bloomingdale's?

    Would it be worth mentioning if Bloomingdale's starts calling their
    gift wrap people "Package Prettiers" and Macy's starts calling their
    gift wrap people "Ribboners"?

    nospam's suggestion that Microsoft copied Apple in giving an employee
    a designated responsibility and a cutesy title, and this is somehow
    worth pointing out, is rather ridiculous in my opinion.

    It's been going on for years in all sorts of stores and all Apple has
    done is come up with a different title for a person with designated
    responsibilities. They don't deserve a patent on the idea.

    nospam will say I'm a "hater" of Apple because I'm not impressed that
    they've done the same thing that other stores have done for years in
    designating people according to responsibility, but the only thing I
    hate is that he trumpets this as being something that if any other
    store does the same thing that it's copying.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Nov 1, 2012
  20. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:42:23 -0700, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >In article <k6ubbm$gn9$>, Mayayana
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> As long as
    >> people are sucker enough to take low pay for a fancy
    >> title, the trend will keep going. Personally I'd be embarassed
    >> to have to tell a date that I'm an "Apple genius". It sounds
    >> silly..... But I guess I could call myself a senior usenet analyst. :)

    >apple geniuses are *not* low paid workers. more ignorance.
    >
    >salaries vary, but they generally make about *double* what a sales
    >specialist in the very same store makes, possibly more.

    "Sales specialist"? Another cutesy designation. If any other store
    calls their sales clerks "sales specialists" would they be copying
    Apple?

    tony cooper, Nov 1, 2012