Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DanP, Oct 30, 2012.

  1. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:00:21 AM UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > This is a problem which touches on digital photograpy and I'm raising
    >
    > it in the hope that one of the more knowledgeable people here knows
    >
    > the answer.
    >

    > Just over two months ago I bought an iPad for the joint use of me and
    >
    > my wife. I had about two weeks of battle with setting up email
    >
    > accounts (the damned thing kept changing settings on me) before my
    >
    > wife set off with it for six weeks overseas. The only thing I managed
    >
    > to do with photographs was synchronise the iPad with one of the image
    >
    > directories in my computer.
    >

    > My wife returned with a swag of photographs copied into the iPad which
    >
    > she had taken with her camera. The originals remain in her camera. She
    >
    > had also copied several smaller swags into the iPad which she had
    >
    > copied from other peoples' cameras. To make matters more complicated
    >
    > she had edited a considerable number of images in the iPad and wanted
    >
    > to access the final result for printing
    >

    > I've now found out how to copy the photographs out of the iPad by
    >
    > backing up to my computer. What I haven't yet found is an easy way to
    >
    > delete +1800 images from the "All Imports" folder of the iPad. There
    >
    > doesn't even seem to be an easy way to select a large number of images
    >
    > at a time.
    >

    > Google tells me I'm not the first person to strike this problem and
    >
    > there are a number of recommended methods on the Internet. A problem
    >
    > which has emerged is that while my wife was away she accepted the
    >
    > invitation to upgrade to iOS6 which appears to be slightly different
    >
    > in it's user interface from the previous versions. Tricks which are
    >
    > claimed in various forums to make things easier don't seem to exist in
    >
    > my version of the iPad.
    >

    > Its not that I'm particularly worried by having to delete +1800 images
    >
    > one at a time. Its what will happen next that worries me. What happens
    >
    > when another 5000 images are added? ... then another 3000. Is it
    >
    > really Apple's intention that the machine fills up until it bursts?
    >

    > What do I do?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards,
    >

    > Eric Stevens

    Can you hook it to a computer via USB and delete folders from the computer?

    DanP

    DanP, Oct 30, 2012

  2. DanP

    David Taylor Guest

    On 30/10/2012 10:10, DanP wrote:
    []
    > Can you hook it to a computer via USB and delete folders from the computer?
    >
    > DanP

    That's exactly what I do, but the directory names are mangled making it
    rather guesswork! Why Apple couldn't provide a "select all" option is
    beyond me - it seems that no-one must have tested using an iPad alone.
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Oct 30, 2012

  3. On 10/30/2012 10:26 AM, Savageduck wrote:

    > To "Delete" individual, or groups of image files from my iPad or iPhone, I open the "Camera Roll",
    > touch the "action" button (the one with the arrow sweeping to the right, and found in the upper
    > right corner) select the files I want to delete by touching each one, and having that confirmed by
    > seeing the blue check mark on the thumbnail. Then I have the option of deleting those files, all
    > quite simple.
    > Perhaps, not efficient when trying to manage/delete 100's, or 1000's or image files as one might
    > when using a desktop or laptop computer, but simple enough.

    yes, exactly ... a perfect example of the Apple philosophy ...
    make things VERY hard

    I have an iPod. I really wanted a non-Apple product with a better
    system, but all the ones I tried failed in 2 weeks or less,
    averaging 8 hours of use.

    So I bought an iPod. It lasted one year and two weeks then died ...
    which made my happy I paid for Best Buy's extended warranty. Several
    ones later, they have lasted an average of less than two years ...
    but that's better than 8 hours.

    But the user interface, including the obligatory iTunes, is
    screwed up. Especially on my last one, the Nano that is actually
    a grown-up Shuffle. It doesn't shuffle correctly. Nor would
    it, originally, play through a long playlist from beginning to end ...
    it got lost if turned off over a day. To their credit, a bitch to Apple
    by me and lots of others resulted in a software update that fixed that.

    But still .... iTunes and the iPod itself have woefully deficient
    in tools to actually play whole works of classical music
    correctly. There is a trivial solution that works perfectly,
    but it is a pain: rename each and every track you load into
    iTunes before you do the load ... meaning, don't use iTunes to
    rip CDs (you can, of course, with more work.) I rename every
    piece of music so one piece corresponds to an "album", whether
    it has one track (in some cases, up to 110 minutes!) or 50.
    This works. Then I make playlists with a hundred or two
    pieces of music ... randomly shuffled ... and load that on my 16 gig
    iPod. This works perfectly .... but its a pain: I had to write
    a computer program to to the playlist creation.

    All of Apple is like that, with other user convenience deficiencies ..
    and apparently Windows 8 is acting similarly.

    And this thread seems to say that the iPad is similar is useability problems.

    Doug McDonald

    Doug McDonald, Oct 30, 2012
  4. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <k6p18q$u7g$>, Doug McDonald
    <> wrote:

    > yes, exactly ... a perfect example of the Apple philosophy ...
    > make things VERY hard

    nonsense. even babies who haven't learned to talk yet can figure out
    how to use apple products.

    > I have an iPod. I really wanted a non-Apple product with a better
    > system, but all the ones I tried failed in 2 weeks or less,
    > averaging 8 hours of use.
    >
    > So I bought an iPod. It lasted one year and two weeks then died ...
    > which made my happy I paid for Best Buy's extended warranty. Several
    > ones later, they have lasted an average of less than two years ...
    > but that's better than 8 hours.

    you got unlucky. i have several idevices, including a 10 year old ipod,
    and none of them have failed prematurely.

    > But the user interface, including the obligatory iTunes, is
    > screwed up. Especially on my last one, the Nano that is actually
    > a grown-up Shuffle. It doesn't shuffle correctly.

    what is 'shuffle correctly'? shuffle picks music at random. sometimes
    it might pick a song you don't like. that's what random *means*.

    > Nor would
    > it, originally, play through a long playlist from beginning to end ...
    > it got lost if turned off over a day.

    you did something to make it stop in the middle.

    > To their credit, a bitch to Apple
    > by me and lots of others resulted in a software update that fixed that.

    it wasn't broken.

    > But still .... iTunes and the iPod itself have woefully deficient
    > in tools to actually play whole works of classical music
    > correctly. There is a trivial solution that works perfectly,
    > but it is a pain: rename each and every track you load into
    > iTunes before you do the load ... meaning, don't use iTunes to
    > rip CDs (you can, of course, with more work.)

    nonsense. first of all, it works just fine with classical. second, the
    names of the songs do not matter. itunes and ipods use id3 tags.

    also, if you use itunes, it adds the id3 tags automatically, so it's
    *less* work. you can edit them if you want to tweak it. if you use
    something else, the id3 tags may be incorrect, and you will have
    problems.

    > I rename every
    > piece of music so one piece corresponds to an "album", whether
    > it has one track (in some cases, up to 110 minutes!) or 50.

    you're making more work for yourself, and it's no wonder you're having
    other problems.

    > This works.

    it really doesn't. it's the most convoluted way to do something.

    > Then I make playlists with a hundred or two
    > pieces of music ... randomly shuffled ... and load that on my 16 gig
    > iPod. This works perfectly .... but its a pain: I had to write
    > a computer program to to the playlist creation.

    you are *really* making more work for yourself. *none* of this is
    required.

    > All of Apple is like that, with other user convenience deficiencies ..
    > and apparently Windows 8 is acting similarly.
    >
    > And this thread seems to say that the iPad is similar is useability problems.

    not at all. deleting photos is trivial.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012
  5. DanP

    David Taylor Guest

    On 30/10/2012 15:26, Savageduck wrote:
    []
    > To "Delete" individual, or groups of image files from my iPad or iPhone,
    > I open the "Camera Roll", touch the "action" button (the one with the
    > arrow sweeping to the right, and found in the upper right corner) select
    > the files I want to delete by touching each one, and having that
    > confirmed by seeing the blue check mark on the thumbnail. Then I have
    > the option of deleting those files, all quite simple.
    > Perhaps, not efficient when trying to manage/delete 100's, or 1000's or
    > image files as one might when using a desktop or laptop computer, but
    > simple enough.

    Not a matter of simplicity, it's usability. Touching each photo is fine
    if you have a small number to delete, but I take a hundred photos a day
    or more when on holiday, and I don't expect to have to touch a thousand
    images or more at the end of the trip. A select all option, or the
    ability to delete a day at a time is an obvious requirement which Apple
    have missed.

    Crazy!
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Oct 30, 2012
  6. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <2012103010272560298-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > >> And this thread seems to say that the iPad is similar is useability
    > >> problems.

    > > not at all. deleting photos is trivial.

    > Agreed. There seems to be a handful of individuals unable to wrap their
    > Windows centric thinking around the simple task of deleting images from
    > iPad or iPhone.

    definitely. windows and especially linux conditions people into making
    things harder than it needs to be.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012
  7. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <k6p52c$pul$>, David Taylor
    <> wrote:

    > > To "Delete" individual, or groups of image files from my iPad or iPhone,
    > > I open the "Camera Roll", touch the "action" button (the one with the
    > > arrow sweeping to the right, and found in the upper right corner) select
    > > the files I want to delete by touching each one, and having that
    > > confirmed by seeing the blue check mark on the thumbnail. Then I have
    > > the option of deleting those files, all quite simple.
    > > Perhaps, not efficient when trying to manage/delete 100's, or 1000's or
    > > image files as one might when using a desktop or laptop computer, but
    > > simple enough.

    > Not a matter of simplicity, it's usability. Touching each photo is fine
    > if you have a small number to delete, but I take a hundred photos a day
    > or more when on holiday, and I don't expect to have to touch a thousand
    > images or more at the end of the trip. A select all option, or the
    > ability to delete a day at a time is an obvious requirement which Apple
    > have missed.

    aren't you going to want to copy the photos to your computer?

    after you copy the photos and with the ipad still connected, select all
    and delete. in fact, some software can be configured to delete the
    photos automatically when you copy photos, so there's nothing
    additional to do.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012
  8. DanP

    David Taylor Guest

    On 30/10/2012 18:25, nospam wrote:
    []
    > aren't you going to want to copy the photos to your computer?

    Not necessarily, no. I may be using my iPad as an in-the-field backup
    storage device, reading from the camera's SD card.

    > after you copy the photos and with the ipad still connected, select all
    > and delete. in fact, some software can be configured to delete the
    > photos automatically when you copy photos, so there's nothing
    > additional to do.

    I didn't take a second computer with me - hand luggage only, so the iPad
    was /all/ I had. It is functionally lacking you have to admit, when it
    needs a thousand taps to delete a week's photos.
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Oct 30, 2012
  9. DanP

    David Taylor Guest

    On 30/10/2012 18:35, Savageduck wrote:
    []
    > What is crazy is taking a hundred photos a day with an iPad or iPhone.
    > For that I use my D300S and/or G11.
    > I transfer D300S and G11 shots back to the iPad to place in albums for
    > side shows and other sharing. My primary backup storage is my 500GB
    > Colorspace UDMA not my 64GB iPad or 32GB iPhone.
    > I remove images from the iPad as needed, I concede that a delete all
    > option would be useful.

    Yes, a delete option would indeed be useful.

    The hundreds of photos are coming from various other cameras, with the
    iPad being used both for backup storage and display. You might also
    load pictures /onto/ the iPad to have albums to show to others.
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Oct 30, 2012
  10. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <k6pa24$vfq$>, David Taylor
    <> wrote:

    > > aren't you going to want to copy the photos to your computer?

    > Not necessarily, no. I may be using my iPad as an in-the-field backup
    > storage device, reading from the camera's SD card.
    >
    > > after you copy the photos and with the ipad still connected, select all
    > > and delete. in fact, some software can be configured to delete the
    > > photos automatically when you copy photos, so there's nothing
    > > additional to do.

    > I didn't take a second computer with me - hand luggage only, so the iPad
    > was /all/ I had. It is functionally lacking you have to admit, when it
    > needs a thousand taps to delete a week's photos.

    delete them when you get home. since they're your backup, why would you
    want to delete them in the field?

    sure it would be nice to have a select all, but it's also a piece of
    cake to delete them from a computer. in fact, it's even easier to
    delete them on a windows pc than on a mac.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012
  11. DanP

    David Taylor Guest

    On 30/10/2012 20:08, nospam wrote:
    []
    > delete them when you get home. since they're your backup, why would you
    > want to delete them in the field?

    There may be all sorts of reasons to want to delete them in the field.
    The iPad should be capable of that without making the user jump through
    the hoop of touching each and every photo.

    > sure it would be nice to have a select all, but it's also a piece of
    > cake to delete them from a computer. in fact, it's even easier to
    > delete them on a windows pc than on a mac.

    It's still more complicated than it need be even when you have a
    computer. Having folder names in hexadecimal is not friendly!

    The fact of the matter is that the iPad lacks a function which many
    people would expect it to have, and saying that someone doesn't need
    that function or that they could do it if they have a computer is just
    making excuses for this omission.
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Oct 30, 2012
  12. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <k6peeg$v0c$>, David Taylor
    <> wrote:

    > > sure it would be nice to have a select all, but it's also a piece of
    > > cake to delete them from a computer. in fact, it's even easier to
    > > delete them on a windows pc than on a mac.

    > It's still more complicated than it need be even when you have a
    > computer. Having folder names in hexadecimal is not friendly!

    copy the lot and sort it out in lightroom.

    the names of the photos or the folders are irrelevant. what matters is
    the tags within the photos, namely the exif data.

    > The fact of the matter is that the iPad lacks a function which many
    > people would expect it to have, and saying that someone doesn't need
    > that function or that they could do it if they have a computer is just
    > making excuses for this omission.

    i said it would be nice to have a select all, but the lack of it is not
    as big of a deal as it's made out to be.

    if you are going to be saving photos in the field, get a device
    designed for that purpose. the ipad isn't that device.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012
  13. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:55:35 -0700, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >In article <k6peeg$v0c$>, David Taylor
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> > sure it would be nice to have a select all, but it's also a piece of
    >> > cake to delete them from a computer. in fact, it's even easier to
    >> > delete them on a windows pc than on a mac.

    >> It's still more complicated than it need be even when you have a
    >> computer. Having folder names in hexadecimal is not friendly!

    >copy the lot and sort it out in lightroom.
    >
    >the names of the photos or the folders are irrelevant. what matters is
    >the tags within the photos, namely the exif data.
    >
    >> The fact of the matter is that the iPad lacks a function which many
    >> people would expect it to have, and saying that someone doesn't need
    >> that function or that they could do it if they have a computer is just
    >> making excuses for this omission.

    >i said it would be nice to have a select all, but the lack of it is not
    >as big of a deal as it's made out to be.

    That must be part of the Applefanatics credo: If you can't do it on
    an Apple product, it's no big deal regardless of what the user thinks.

    >if you are going to be saving photos in the field, get a device
    >designed for that purpose. the ipad isn't that device.

    Part II of the Applefanatics credo: Apple products do everything you
    want them to do except what you need to buy something else to do.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Oct 30, 2012
  14. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:30:15 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2012-10-30 14:17:57 -0700, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:55:35 -0700, nospam <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> copy the lot and sort it out in lightroom.
    >>>
    >>> the names of the photos or the folders are irrelevant. what matters is
    >>> the tags within the photos, namely the exif data.

    >>> i said it would be nice to have a select all, but the lack of it is not
    >>> as big of a deal as it's made out to be.

    >> That must be part of the Applefanatics credo: If you can't do it on
    >> an Apple product, it's no big deal regardless of what the user thinks.
    >>
    >>> if you are going to be saving photos in the field, get a device
    >>> designed for that purpose. the ipad isn't that device.

    >> Part II of the Applefanatics credo: Apple products do everything you
    >> want them to do except what you need to buy something else to do.

    >It is always a case of the right tool fro the right job, and the iPad
    >or iPhone is not a particularly good choice for an "in the field"
    >backup device. Both will serve in a pinch, but there are better ways to
    >go.
    >As good as both devices are it is tough to make them serve as a total
    >solution for all things. The iPad, as much as some would want it to be,
    >is not a true laptop replacement.

    Why wouldn't it be a good viewing device that also is used as a second
    source of the files in case the SD card is lost?

    If the person takes 1,000 travel photos in a week, chances are very
    good that he is going to view them and delete 900 and some of them.
    It would make sense to view them on an iPad with the larger screen
    rather than in-camera. It would not be used solely as back-up.

    The features of an iPad-type device, regardless of brand, include that
    images can be viewed better than they can in-camera, the device can be
    passed around to the rest of the group and viewed, and it's smaller
    and easier to pack around than a laptop.

    The missing feature of convenient deletion of a large number of files
    makes it less useful for those who want to sort through and delete the
    non-keepers while still on the trip. Still useful, but not as useful
    as it could be.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Oct 30, 2012
  15. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, tony cooper
    <> wrote:

    > >It is always a case of the right tool fro the right job, and the iPad
    > >or iPhone is not a particularly good choice for an "in the field"
    > >backup device. Both will serve in a pinch, but there are better ways to
    > >go.
    > >As good as both devices are it is tough to make them serve as a total
    > >solution for all things. The iPad, as much as some would want it to be,
    > >is not a true laptop replacement.

    > Why wouldn't it be a good viewing device that also is used as a second
    > source of the files in case the SD card is lost?

    because the maximum size of the ipad is 64 gig. once you subtract the
    space for apps, music, videos and whatever else you might have on it,
    there isn't much left for photos. it's the wrong product for the job.

    a portable storage device can have a terabyte drive, and it fits in a
    pants pocket too.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012
  16. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, tony cooper
    <> wrote:

    > >> The fact of the matter is that the iPad lacks a function which many
    > >> people would expect it to have, and saying that someone doesn't need
    > >> that function or that they could do it if they have a computer is just
    > >> making excuses for this omission.

    > >i said it would be nice to have a select all, but the lack of it is not
    > >as big of a deal as it's made out to be.

    > That must be part of the Applefanatics credo: If you can't do it on
    > an Apple product, it's no big deal regardless of what the user thinks.

    never said that.

    > >if you are going to be saving photos in the field, get a device
    > >designed for that purpose. the ipad isn't that device.

    > Part II of the Applefanatics credo: Apple products do everything you
    > want them to do except what you need to buy something else to do.

    part of the apple-haters playbook is to focus on one particular thing
    that doesn't work the way they might want it to work and bash away,
    even though they don't own the product and have no intention of ever
    owning it and ignoring that it's no different than other similar
    products. in other words, it doesn't affect them at *all*.

    no product is suitable for all situations. for portable storage, the
    ipad is very limited. its capacity is not much bigger than a typical
    memory card, making it a very poor choice for storage. it's not what it
    was designed to do. but of course, an apple hater ignores that and will
    insist the ipad has to do absolutely everything perfectly, and when it
    doesn't, it's bad, ignoring that the very same issues affect other
    similar devices.

    meanwhile, deleting all on an ipad is very easy to do for those without
    an axe to grind and needs nothing more than a usb cable.

    here are what android users are saying about 'select all' for other
    android devices. it looks like you have to tap the photos one by one.
    chapter two of the playbook explains that it's perfectly ok when
    someone other than apple does the same thing.

    <http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-s/185612-how-delete-multiple-p
    hotos-selecting-thumbnails.html>
    I'm at a complete loss on how to select multiple photos to delete.
    Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    Go to Gallery--->All photos (or particular folder)--->Delete--->then
    check off the photos you want to Delete--->then hit the Delete (#) at
    the bottom. That should do it...

    <http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/192874-deleting-multipl
    e-photos.html>
    I know how to delete individuals photos from the S-3, one at a time.
    But is there a way to select multiple photos and delete them all at
    once?

    Press and hold on one picture until it is highlighted. Then begin to
    tap each additional picture icon you wish to highlight. The highlight
    should stick to each icon and finally, when done selecting them,
    press the trash icon on the upper right.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012
  17. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <2012103014222239063-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > > i said it would be nice to have a select all, but the lack of it is not
    > > as big of a deal as it's made out to be.
    > >
    > > if you are going to be saving photos in the field, get a device
    > > designed for that purpose. the ipad isn't that device.

    > Damn! you have to stop getting me to agree with you. ;-)

    no kidding! i have a reputation of being argumentative to live up to!

    > The iPad makes a terrible in the field backup device. You would be
    > better off using an iPhone as a WiFi hotspot and transferring files to
    > one of the cloud services such as DB or PogoPlug.

    that also works, assuming you have connectivity. that doesn't always
    happen.

    > For in the field backup you cannot do much better than a Colorspace
    > UDMA. It handles CF, SDHC, MS etc. It does full and incremental backups
    > from the cards and connects to laptop/desktop via USB.
    > < http://www.hypershop.com/HyperDrive-COLORSPACE-UDMA-s/64.htm >

    those are nice. i have one from a different company.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012
  18. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:30:17 -0700, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, tony cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> >It is always a case of the right tool fro the right job, and the iPad
    >> >or iPhone is not a particularly good choice for an "in the field"
    >> >backup device. Both will serve in a pinch, but there are better ways to
    >> >go.
    >> >As good as both devices are it is tough to make them serve as a total
    >> >solution for all things. The iPad, as much as some would want it to be,
    >> >is not a true laptop replacement.

    >> Why wouldn't it be a good viewing device that also is used as a second
    >> source of the files in case the SD card is lost?

    >because the maximum size of the ipad is 64 gig. once you subtract the
    >space for apps, music, videos and whatever else you might have on it,
    >there isn't much left for photos. it's the wrong product for the job.
    >
    >a portable storage device can have a terabyte drive, and it fits in a
    >pants pocket too.

    That assumes that the person who owns an iPad wants to store gigs and
    gigs of music and video. I can't imagine that being true of all iPad
    owners. Some may not store any videos and very little music and
    prefer to use it as a viewer and for image storage. Apple's design
    shorts the buyer of the device in their ability to use the device as
    the owner would like to use it.

    If Eric would not choose to store video and music on his device, he's
    still unable to utilize the functions as he chooses to.

    The "job" for any device should be what the buyer of the device wants
    it to be. He should not have to spend additional money in buying
    another device after buying an expensive device that does function as
    a viewer and storage device.

    It seems that Apple simply fucked up and omitted including a simple
    function that could have easily been included. Why try to make out
    that this is Eric's fault?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Oct 30, 2012
  19. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >Can you hook it to a computer via USB and delete folders from the computer?

    > I probably can but I don't want to risk scrambling the iPad's
    > internals.

    you must be kidding me!

    do you really think plugging the ipad into a computer is going to
    'scramble the ipad's internals' ?? seriously?? why do you think they
    give you a usb cable in the box?

    as i said before, plug it in and use explorer to delete the photos.
    it's really very simple. it's *designed* to do that.

    did you have this much trouble with other digital cameras?

    nospam, Oct 31, 2012
  20. DanP

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> Agreed. There seems to be a handful of individuals unable to wrap their
    > >> Windows centric thinking around the simple task of deleting images from
    > >> iPad or iPhone.

    > >definitely. windows and especially linux conditions people into making
    > >things harder than it needs to be.

    > Then tell me how I select +1800 photographs for deletion. I don't
    > consider selecting them one at a time an adequate solution.

    i did, a couple of times.

    apparently you just want to complain.

    nospam, Oct 31, 2012