Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nospam, Oct 30, 2012.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > I've now found out how to copy the photographs out of the iPad by
    > backing up to my computer.

    actually, backing up to your computer doesn't help. although it does
    copy the photos, it doesn't put them in a place where they're easily
    accessed, unless you are doing a restore to the device, and then
    everything in the backup is copied back.

    the way to copy the photos is just plug the ipad into your computer and
    it will show up as a digital camera. use whatever software you normally
    use to copy photos, including lightroom, explorer or whatever else you
    prefer. it's as simple as that.

    > What I haven't yet found is an easy way to
    > delete +1800 images from the "All Imports" folder of the iPad. There
    > doesn't even seem to be an easy way to select a large number of images
    > at a time.

    to delete on the device, tap the action button at the top right, then
    tap the photos you want to delete, then tap the red delete button.

    if you want to delete all, use whatever software you used to copy them
    and delete them there. again, the ipad shows up as a standard ordinary
    digital camera.

    > Google tells me I'm not the first person to strike this problem

    that's because a lot of people are stupid.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012

  2. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> What I haven't yet found is an easy way to
    > >> delete +1800 images from the "All Imports" folder of the iPad. There
    > >> doesn't even seem to be an easy way to select a large number of images
    > >> at a time.

    > >to delete on the device, tap the action button at the top right, then
    > >tap the photos you want to delete, then tap the red delete button.

    > This is at the heart of my problem. While I have action buttons in
    > some places, I don't have one where I need it for the purpose of
    > deleting.

    where are you looking?

    for deleting 1800 images, you really don't want to do it on the device.
    do it on the computer.

    > >if you want to delete all, use whatever software you used to copy them
    > >and delete them there. again, the ipad shows up as a standard ordinary
    > >digital camera.
    > >
    > >> Google tells me I'm not the first person to strike this problem

    > >that's because a lot of people are stupid.

    > You should read what I've written and then reconsider that remark.

    what's to reconsider? a lot of people are stupid, they don't read the
    manual, they assume there's no way to do something and then whine on
    the internet.

    deleting photos is easy.

    nospam, Oct 30, 2012

  3. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> This is at the heart of my problem. While I have action buttons in
    > >> some places, I don't have one where I need it for the purpose of
    > >> deleting.

    > >where are you looking?
    > >
    > >for deleting 1800 images, you really don't want to do it on the device.
    > >do it on the computer.

    > I don't entirely agree with you but, apart from that, I haven't yet
    > found how to do so.

    i told you at least twice.

    > >> You should read what I've written and then reconsider that remark.

    > >what's to reconsider? a lot of people are stupid, they don't read the
    > >manual, they assume there's no way to do something and then whine on
    > >the internet.
    > >
    > >deleting photos is easy.

    > Deleting individual photographs is easy but, as far as I can tell,
    > deleting large blocks of photographs is damned tedious. This was the
    > point of my original query.

    again, i told you how.

    if you choose to ignore it, there's not much i can do.

    nospam, Oct 31, 2012