Re: how do i delet junk mail form my messeage

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Desk Rabbit, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. Desk Rabbit

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Gav wrote:
    >

    >>On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:39:57 GMT, "claire dixon"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>[blank]

    >>What are you (not) talking about?

    > Didn't you understand? <lol>
    > "how do i delet junk mail form my messeage"
    >
    > The answer is simple: Press the DELET button!
    >
    > BTW, why the followups to all these local groups?
    > uk.local.east-anglia, uk.local.isle-of-wight, uk.local.southwest,
    > uk.local.essx, uk.local.cumbria

    I'm more interested in why all these NTL Lusers keep posting in here.
    Desk Rabbit, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > I'm more interested in why all these NTL Lusers keep posting in here.

    Since so many of them seem to find this group - and never reply to any
    answers - it sorta seems logical that their 'startup' software may
    autoconfigure Outhouse Distress with this group. I doubt if they could
    find and set up Usenet by themselves.

    Perhaps one of the few intelligent NTL users could confirm this?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 5, 2006

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Desk Rabbit wrote:
    >

    >>I'm more interested in why all these NTL Lusers keep posting in here.

    > Since so many of them seem to find this group - and never reply to any
    > answers - it sorta seems logical that their 'startup' software may
    > autoconfigure Outhouse Distress with this group. I doubt if they could

    It just sets up the server.
    > find and set up Usenet by themselves.
    >
    > Perhaps one of the few intelligent NTL users could confirm this?

    24HSHD is top of the list and contains the word helpdesk, so they just
    put 2 and 2 together and get 5.

    --
    Actually, they don't get 5, they reach 24HSHD
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Oct 5, 2006
  4. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Desk Rabbit wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm more interested in why all these NTL Lusers keep posting in here.

    >> Since so many of them seem to find this group - and never reply to any
    >> answers - it sorta seems logical that their 'startup' software may
    >> autoconfigure Outhouse Distress with this group. I doubt if they could
    >> find and set up Usenet by themselves.

    > It just sets up the server.

    ...and they still have enuf smarts to subscribe to a group? <lol>

    >> Perhaps one of the few intelligent NTL users could confirm this?

    > 24HSHD is top of the list and contains the word helpdesk, so they just
    > put 2 and 2 together and get 5.

    Yes, top'o'the'list, on every news server I've seen.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 5, 2006