    What make/model is Computer ?

    What make/model is Motherboard ?

    Have you got a Manual for the machine or/and Motherboard ?
    Patrick, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Patrick

    Goonigoogoo Guest

    thnx

    "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    news:Tuq1b.894$...
    > Goonigoogoo wrote:
    > > "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    > >> Please afford (some) more information !
    > >>
    > >> What make/model is Computer ?

    > > TIME computers, 1.4 GHz AMD
    > > (about 3 yeard old now)
    > >
    > >> What make/model is Motherboard ?

    > > gigabyte
    > >
    > >> Have you got a Manual for the machine or/and Motherboard ? no

    > Below is copied from a 'Gigabyte' manual (not neccesarily yours, but
    > probably appropriate).
    > BIOS Setup
    >
    > BIOS Setup is an overview of the BIOS Setup Interface. The interface

    allows
    > users to modify the
    >
    > basic system configuration, which is stored in battery-backed CMOS RAM so
    > that the Setup
    >
    > information can be retained when the power is turned off.
    >
    > ENTERING SETUP
    >
    > Power ON the computer and press <Del> immediately will allow you to enter
    > Setup. If
    >
    > unsuccessful, you can restart the system and try again by pressing the
    > "RESET" bottom on the
    >
    > system case. You may also restart by simultaneously pressing <Ctrl> ?

    <Alt>?

    Goonigoogoo, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Goonigoogoo wrote:
    > thnx

    Your welcome, but do take care within the BIOS, a mistake could be serious.
    A tip that I found to be usefull is that;
    If at anytime you get lost in the BIOS, keep pressing 'Esc' until you get to
    the original screen where you can 'Exit without Saveing Changes', if
    neccessary.

    You really ought to get your self a Manual for the Motherboard, it would
    give full instruction as regards the BIOS and other things.

    Have a look at this page (link below), see the links to the right (BIOS,
    Driver, Manual etc.,), select Manuals, on next page, try to figure out which
    model your board is, and hopefully download the Manual.

    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Tree/Tree_128.htm
    Patrick, Aug 22, 2003