Re: How can I get a genuine Sony memory stick pro duo 8gb

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ransley, Dec 1, 2008.

  1. ransley

    ransley Guest

    On Dec 1, 2:30 am, Sarah Houston <> wrote:
    > How can I make sure in advance that I'm buying a genuine Sony memory stick
    > pro duo 8gb, and not a fake or counterfeit one?
    >
    > A lot of what I'm reading out there, tells how to identify it AFTER you
    > buy it, but how can I avoid buying the fake in the first place?

    Why buy sony "sucker" memory, its overpriced, overpriced for one
    reason only, sonys greedy profit. My sony camera memory cards are
    other brands. Thats one reason I will never buy a Memory Stick only
    product, and be a Memory Sucker again.
    ransley, Dec 1, 2008

  2. ransley

    Ian torens Guest

    On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:32:26 -0800 (PST), ransley <> wrote:

    >On Dec 1, 2:30 am, Sarah Houston <> wrote:
    >> How can I make sure in advance that I'm buying a genuine Sony memory stick
    >> pro duo 8gb, and not a fake or counterfeit one?
    >>
    >> A lot of what I'm reading out there, tells how to identify it AFTER you
    >> buy it, but how can I avoid buying the fake in the first place?

    >Why buy sony "sucker" memory, its overpriced, overpriced for one
    >reason only, sonys greedy profit. My sony camera memory cards are
    >other brands. Thats one reason I will never buy a Memory Stick only
    >product, and be a Memory Sucker again.

    Why even bother with prices for MSDuo? Just get a Transcend MicroSD to
    Memory-Stick Pro Duo adapter. They come with a 4GB MicroSDHC Class-6 speed card,
    or the cheaper slower version with 2GB MicroSD 45x speed cards. Got one from
    Newegg for about $16 a couple months ago. 4GB Transcend Class-6 w/adapter, part
    # TS4GUSDHC6-MS. 2GB 45x speed w/adapter part # TS2GUSD-MS.

    I see they're sold out at Newegg, they were eventually going for only $11.55 for
    4GB MicroSDHC Class-6 + MS-Duo adapter. I guess you can always get on their
    waiting list.

    Or hunt around, I'm sure someone has them in stock. Don't be locked into MS-Duo
    prices when SD memory is so cheap. MicroSDHC 8GB Class-4 or 6 speed goes for
    $15-$20. MS-Pro Duo 8GB goes for $50-$70. That's just nonsense. Get just one
    MicroSDHC with an adapter and you're set from now on.
    Ian torens, Dec 1, 2008

  3. ransley

    Irwell Guest

    On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:11:32 -0600, Sarah Houston wrote:

    > Ian torens <> wrote :
    >
    >> On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:32:26 -0800 (PST), ransley
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Why buy sony "sucker" memory, its overpriced, overpriced for one
    >>>reason only, sonys greedy profit. My sony camera memory cards are
    >>>other brands. Thats one reason I will never buy a Memory Stick only
    >>>product, and be a Memory Sucker again.

    >> Why even bother with prices for MSDuo? Just get a Transcend MicroSD
    >> to Memory-Stick Pro Duo adapter. They come with a 4GB MicroSDHC
    >> Class-6 speed card, or the cheaper slower version with 2GB MicroSD
    >> 45x speed cards. Got one from Newegg for about $16 a couple months
    >> ago. 4GB Transcend Class-6 w/adapter, part # TS4GUSDHC6-MS. 2GB 45x
    >> speed w/adapter part # TS2GUSD-MS.
    >>
    >> I see they're sold out at Newegg, they were eventually going for only
    >> $11.55 for 4GB MicroSDHC Class-6 + MS-Duo adapter. I guess you can
    >> always get on their waiting list.
    >>
    >> Or hunt around, I'm sure someone has them in stock. Don't be locked
    >> into MS-Duo prices when SD memory is so cheap. MicroSDHC 8GB Class-4
    >> or 6 speed goes for $15-$20. MS-Pro Duo 8GB goes for $50-$70. That's
    >> just nonsense. Get just one MicroSDHC with an adapter and you're set
    >> from now on.
    >>

    > I'm just concerned about functionality.
    >
    > I just ordered a Cybershot DSC-S750 and I understand it can do some cool
    > stuff in video mode if I have a fully functional memory stick in it. I
    > also heard that some of the fakes aren't?

    Stay away from adapters, they have insertion losses that can effect your
    video taking. You can find Genuine Sony Pro duo Mark 2 at Amazon.com
    Irwell, Dec 1, 2008
  4. ransley

    Irwell Guest

    On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:37:33 -0600, Sarah Houston wrote:

    > Irwell <> wrote :
    >
    >>> I'm just concerned about functionality.
    >>>
    >>> I just ordered a Cybershot DSC-S750 and I understand it can do some
    >>> cool stuff in video mode if I have a fully functional memory stick
    >>> in it. I also heard that some of the fakes aren't?

    >> Stay away from adapters, they have insertion losses that can effect
    >> your video taking.

    > Sounds wise.
    >
    >> You can find Genuine Sony Pro duo Mark 2 at
    >> Amazon.com

    > Hey what about Sandisk? Do they make them 100% compatible with Sony?

    They do, but I keep away from them because the Sandisk Memory Stick
    I bought from Staples physically broke, the top parted from the
    card, still functioned but the contacts were exposed, I ditched it.

    > But then I suppose I run into the question of fakes with them too?

    Possible.
    Irwell, Dec 2, 2008