Re: How can I change the default Language Firefox uses for File and Menu Commands?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Just aFax MAm, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:00:01 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Just aFax MAm wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 13:18:16 -0800, gwtc
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>I could be wrong on this, but the problem isn't the program itself,
    >>>but your profile. All your settings, preferences, bookmarks, etc are
    >>>stored in an area called your profile, and I'm presuming that is where
    >>>the language pack is aswell.
    >>>
    >>>So create a test profile and see what happens. To do that click on
    >>>Start, Run and enter exactly:
    >>>
    >>>firefox.exe -p
    >>>
    >>>This will start up the FF Profile Manager, and from there you can
    >>>create a test profile.

    >> Thank you for your reply.
    >> After I posted this message I was doing some reading on different help
    >> forums and found the same suggestion. Well At least I found that the
    >> Profile folder was not removed when un-installing. That should
    >> definitely be an option when un-installing :(

    >Oh crap NO!!!! Your profile is where all your settings, preferences,
    >bookmarks, etc are stored.

    It's OK, It's a brand new installation. There are no settings to loose
    other than bookmarks really. All settings are default. But thanks for
    hint about exporting settings in IE. I hadn't thought of that.
    She does not use Thunderbird for Email.
    I think Incredimail. I don't know it. program? or Web-based email, but
    she's happy enough with Firefox, and now I can grab her settings from
    IE once I start from scatch with new profile and latest version Of Fx.

    Thanks for your help :)

    Just aFax MAm, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Just aFax MAm

    gwtc Guest

    Just aFax MAm wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:00:01 -0800, gwtc
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Just aFax MAm wrote:

    >>>Thank you for your reply.
    >>>After I posted this message I was doing some reading on different help
    >>>forums and found the same suggestion. Well At least I found that the
    >>>Profile folder was not removed when un-installing. That should
    >>>definitely be an option when un-installing :(

    >>Oh crap NO!!!! Your profile is where all your settings, preferences,
    >>bookmarks, etc are stored.

    > It's OK, It's a brand new installation. There are no settings to loose
    > other than bookmarks really. All settings are default. But thanks for
    > hint about exporting settings in IE. I hadn't thought of that.
    > She does not use Thunderbird for Email.
    > I think Incredimail. I don't know it. program? or Web-based email,

    Incredimail is an email program, just like TB, Eudora, Outlook
    Express, etc. It just as bad as OE as its prone to viruses and other
    problems.

    gwtc, Nov 6, 2005