Re: How burn CD for use in TV/DVD player

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Netmask, Sep 30, 2008.

  1. Netmask

    Netmask Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >I have downloaded a film. It's a 680 MB AVI using DIVX.
    >
    > I want to burn it onto a CD so that a domestic DVD player (attached
    > to the TV) can play it.
    >
    > Google gives me all sorts of info but I can't find my situation.
    >
    > Can someone point me to a good web page or maybe just tell me an
    > outline of what I should do.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >

    > --
    >

    > NB: crossposted to DVD and CD groups

    If your DVD player plays DivX, most do these days unless it's very old, just
    burn the file as data - Nero will do or any burning program, no conversion
    necessary. If the player doesn't handle DivX files then you need to convert
    it to DVD format and a program like VSO ConvertX toDVD will do it but you
    will need a DVDR blank not a CDR

    Netmask, Sep 30, 2008

  2. Netmask

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter: CD-R FAQ has Significant Errors

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    Mike Richter (Slimy Shit) crapped:

    > ... the maximum time on a VCD is 80 minutes.

    On a 74-min disc? How about using multiple discs?

    Why don't you introduce yourself more properly what an authority you are
    on CD-R matters? Why, you are such an authority that you can even point
    out no less than significant errors in CD-R Faq:

    Mike Richter: CD-R Faq has Significant Errors

    From: Mike Richter
    Date: 5/24/02

    I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

    It is quite dated ... and has significant errors
    '

    Mikey, you are The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!

    smh, Oct 2, 2008