Re: How burn CD for use in TV/DVD player

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ringmaster, Sep 30, 2008.

  1. Ringmaster

    Ringmaster Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 23:17:15 +0100, Peter <> wrote:

    >I have downloaded a film. It's a 680 MB AVI using DIVX.
    >
    >I want to burn it onto a CD so that a domestic DVD player (attached
    >to the TV) can play it.
    >
    >Google gives me all sorts of info but I can't find my situation.
    >
    >Can someone point me to a good web page or maybe just tell me an
    >outline of what I should do.
    >
    >Thank you.

    Visit VCDhelp.com

    http://www.videohelp.com/

    Basically to put a "movie" on a CD and have it play on a free standing
    DVD player it needs to be converted to MPEG-1 format. A few players
    might play DivX natively. Check the extensive lists on above site to
    see if your particular player supports playing home brew CD's. Not all
    do. These days you way better off burning a DVD, using MPEG-2, it
    holds much more and the quality is far superior.

    Ringmaster, Sep 30, 2008