Re: Hotmail down?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jonny, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Jonny

    Jonny Guest

    > Can anyone else not log in to Hotmail?
    > -Graham
    >

    > We apologize, but your account is temporarily unavailable. This delay does
    > not affect the entire site or result from any problem specific with your
    > account however the server that holds your account information is
    > temporarily unavailable. We do not expect this delay to last much longer,

    so
    > please continue to check our site for your account status.
    > We will do our best to make your account available as quickly as possible.
    > We appreciate your support, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

    Its very strange.. I didnt get any of this message, but I do get ...
    "Hotmail account closed. Access Denied."
    The wife can still access her account no problem.
    I've tried nearly everything I can to find out why, or how I can fix it.
    Jonny, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Probably means that you or someone hacked into your account and spammed half
    of the hotmail server. The same thing happened to me while I was installing
    a new firewall, during the time the firewall was not active, some asshole
    hacked into my hotmail account and spammed half of the server. My account
    was closed because of it and I had to fight for almost a month to get them
    to turn it back on.

    What's In A Name?, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Jonny

    Jonny Guest

    > Probably means that you or someone hacked into your account and spammed
    half
    > of the hotmail server. The same thing happened to me while I was

    installing
    > a new firewall, during the time the firewall was not active, some asshole
    > hacked into my hotmail account and spammed half of the server. My account
    > was closed because of it and I had to fight for almost a month to get them
    > to turn it back on.

    Who did you get in touch with ? where in the MSN website did you find to
    contact to start the investigation ?
    I have ... well at least I thought I had, checked everywhere for at least
    an e-mail address to write to, but so far found nothing. The only one I can
    think of is "abuse@" but that will get me nowhere.
    I appreciate any help you can give here.
    Jonny, Jul 15, 2003
  4. I physically called MSN on the phone, it took some arguing and convincing
    them that it wasn't me who did it. If they closed your account with no
    explanation given to you, I bet you anything that is why they closed it.

    What's In A Name?, Jul 18, 2003
  5. I called MSN:)

    What's In A Name?, Jul 18, 2003