Re: Home network troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by jonjo, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. jonjo

    jonjo Guest

    Hi everybody thought I'd let you know I solved the problem and though
    I'd share the reason with you.

    1) I rechecked my set up and found I inadvertently input a wrong digi
    in the router set up IP address.
    BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY AND WHAT THE MANUAL DID NOT SAY
    2) Apparently when using this set up and wanting to intenet connectio
    share, the gateway IP address is not that of the router 192.168.2.1 bu
    the host pc in this case 192.168.2.100.

    Jon

    jonjo wrote:
    > *I am using a SMC Barricade 2804wbr as a broadband router with D-Lin
    > Air Plus Wireless PCI Adapter on newtorked pcs.
    > OS is Windows 2000 on all 3 home newtorked pcs.
    > I have set up router with DHCP enabled and default IP addressess ar
    > being generated. 192.168.2.1 (gateway), 192.168.2.100
    > 192.168.2.101.
    >
    > LAN Connections on pcs are set up to "Obtain IP addres
    > automatically"
    >
    > Trend Internet Security is used and set up to allow traffic on th
    > network. I've disabled and still no joy.
    >
    > Host pc is working fine with access to internet. However networke
    > pcs will not access.
    > When I ping from a user pc to router reply received but when pin
    > from router to user request is timed out. Could this be the proble
    > in my set up? If so what can I do? * :

    -
    jonj

    jonjo, Jul 6, 2004