Re: Home network server w/XP

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by mchiper, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. mchiper

    mchiper Guest

    In alt.computer.security, Msg ID: <2bSG9.37553$>
    "jgama" <>, wrote:

    >If I installed another NIC in my XP machine,
    >can then that machine be the
    >server for the other two computers on my home network?

    A better question, in my view..
    >If I installed another NIC in my XP machine,

    Could I then select which NIC to use with my Cablemodem?
    Could I do it while NOT enabling any Server functions?

    I want my machine to be as DUMB as I am.
    For sure, I don't want it to know WHO I am.
    But alas, I fear already knows.
    Lot's of hanging, and blue screens, rebooting, and all.

    Ray

    mchiper, Sep 12, 2003