Re: Home Network Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lee, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    i am guessing 'other machine' is the Windows ME machine? 8)

    ME is the worst OS Microsoft ever released you do realise?

    Seriously it looks like the OS has got corrupted uninstall network card
    and reinstall drivers is 1 suggestion.

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 20:11:38 +0100, andy <> had the
    will to write:

    >I have two computers each with a network card and connected through a
    >router to a cable modem. All 's ben working well for months but
    >suddenly trhe two PC's are unable to see each other .
    >My machine ( host ) is running Win 98 the other is running Win ME.
    >
    >On my PC in Device Manager my network card is shown but not on the
    >other machine tho in control panel under network config. the card is
    >shown. I have checked all connections but can only get alight on my
    >network card and my socket on router not on the others.
    >
    >Is it likely to be a hardware problem or has something suddenly gone
    >woefully amiss with my network configuration ?
    >
    >Thanks for any help

    ----
    Lee

    Lee, Jul 3, 2003