Re: Home Lab

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Todd H., May 22, 2008.

  1. Todd H.

    Todd H. Guest

    jim <> writes:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > Am planning to setup a home lab for playing around with and getting a
    > better understanding of security.... nothing professional - i scrounge
    > a living from looking after small x86 Windows SOHOs... have currently
    > got 1 x Win XP machine (Sempron 2600+) & one 1 x OpenSUSE/dualboot XP
    > (p4 2.6)... I have a further 4 old PCs - 1GHz durons, 733 P3s,
    > etc. but am thinking of dumping them and using VMWare... any thoughts,
    > opinions, etc. appreciated...

    Good, environmentally sound, fiscally appropriate plan if you ask me.
    I've got more boxes than I want to hear or power, and would rather
    have one beefier box with a bashitload of memory running lots of
    vmware instances. :)

    The ability to push virtual machines around to new hardware and such
    is very handy.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/