Re: Holy Crap! Daredevil on DVD!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jordan Lund, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Cernovog <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Let me start off by saying that I was absolutely pleased at punch when I
    > walked out of the movie theater on opening day of Daredevil.

    Amazing... I was stunned at how bad Affleck was as Murdock. I mean, I
    figued the hard part would be buying him as DD. Not so! The worst of
    it when he was trying to play lawyer.

    BTW, what was he doing prosecuting the mob boss? Wasn't MM a public
    defender?

    The Daredevil stuff was fine, but the non DD parts just killed the
    flick.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Jordan Lund

    Bill Guest

    On 30 Jul 2003 12:17:29 -0700, (Jordan Lund)
    wrote:

    >Cernovog <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> Let me start off by saying that I was absolutely pleased at punch when I
    >> walked out of the movie theater on opening day of Daredevil.

    >Amazing... I was stunned at how bad Affleck was as Murdock. I mean, I
    >figued the hard part would be buying him as DD. Not so! The worst of
    >it when he was trying to play lawyer.
    >
    >BTW, what was he doing prosecuting the mob boss? Wasn't MM a public
    >defender?
    >
    >The Daredevil stuff was fine, but the non DD parts just killed the
    >flick.
    >
    >- Jordan

    I thought killing the girl, killed the flick.

    - Bill

    Bill, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Bill <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > I thought killing the girl, killed the flick.

    Well that HAD to happen because that's the way it was in the comics.
    Miller built up this relationship between DD and Elektra over the
    course of something like 14 months only to have Bullseye stab her
    through the heart with one of her own weapons. The classic pose in the
    film even comes from #181:

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Jordan Lund

    Bill Guest

    On 1 Aug 2003 15:24:25 -0700, (Jordan Lund) wrote:

    >Bill <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >> I thought killing the girl, killed the flick.

    >Well that HAD to happen because that's the way it was in the comics.
    >Miller built up this relationship between DD and Elektra over the
    >course of something like 14 months only to have Bullseye stab her
    >through the heart with one of her own weapons. The classic pose in the
    >film even comes from #181:
    >
    >- Jordan

    I never read the comic, so I didn't know that.

    It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
    screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
    had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
    Death Star.

    - Bill

    Bill, Aug 2, 2003
  5. Bill wrote:

    > It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
    > screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
    > had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
    > Death Star.

    The comic character came back. You'll also notice that the necklace DD
    found after Elektra's death had "Elektra" written on it in braille. She
    may be dead now, but she's signed for a sequel and her own movie, and has
    been while that ending was planned.

    In comic books, if you're not Peter Parker's uncle, then death is only
    temporary.

    --
    - Blaine

    http://www.bureau42.com
    ICQ: 24893016

    We don't call them AOL Comics because of their AOL-Time Warner
    owners, we call them AOL Comics because it bugs them.
    -- Bill Jemas (of Marvel Comics) about DC

    W. Blaine Dowler, Aug 2, 2003
  6. Jordan Lund

    PeterTHX Guest

    "W. Blaine Dowler" <42.com> wrote in message
    > Bill wrote:
    >
    > > It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
    > > screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
    > > had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
    > > Death Star.

    > The comic character came back. You'll also notice that the necklace DD
    > found after Elektra's death had "Elektra" written on it in braille. She
    > may be dead now, but she's signed for a sequel and her own movie, and has
    > been while that ending was planned.

    Hasn't ANYONE bothered to listen to the commentary?
    Hell, they even JOKE about the entire scene, as well as the ways she can (&
    will) come back.

    Plus, they also point out that Elekra could have left him the necklace
    BEFORE the incident.

    PeterTHX, Aug 3, 2003
  7. Jordan Lund

    BC Guest

    In article <3pEWa.609976$>, "W. Blaine
    Dowler" <42.com> wrote:

    >Bill wrote:
    >
    >> It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
    >> screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
    >> had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
    >> Death Star.

    >The comic character came back. You'll also notice that the necklace DD
    >found after Elektra's death had "Elektra" written on it in braille. She
    >may be dead now, but she's signed for a sequel and her own movie, and has
    >been while that ending was planned.
    >
    >In comic books, if you're not Peter Parker's uncle, then death is only
    >temporary.

    If you haven't died at least once in a comic book, you're not a proper
    character at all...

    <=[BC]=>

    BC, Aug 3, 2003
  8. Jordan Lund

    Bill Guest

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:49:09 -0700, "PeterTHX"
    <> wrote:

    >"W. Blaine Dowler" <42.com> wrote in message
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>
    >> > It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
    >> > screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
    >> > had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
    >> > Death Star.

    >> The comic character came back. You'll also notice that the necklace DD
    >> found after Elektra's death had "Elektra" written on it in braille. She
    >> may be dead now, but she's signed for a sequel and her own movie, and has
    >> been while that ending was planned.
    >>

    >Hasn't ANYONE bothered to listen to the commentary?
    >Hell, they even JOKE about the entire scene, as well as the ways she can (&
    >will) come back.
    >
    >Plus, they also point out that Elekra could have left him the necklace
    >BEFORE the incident.

    Why would I have listened to a commentary in a movie I've only seen
    once? Do YOU usually watch a movie with the commentary on, the first
    time through?

    - Bill

    Bill, Aug 3, 2003
  9. Jordan Lund

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Bill
    <> wrote:

    > Why would I have listened to a commentary in a movie I've only seen
    > once? Do YOU usually watch a movie with the commentary on, the first
    > time through?

    I have, if it's something I'm renting just for the comentary.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Aug 3, 2003